The Asset Management Analyst’s primary responsibility will include working directly with the Asset Management Team providing financial analytical support related to the existing high yielding commercial mortgage loan portfolio, including bridge loans and subordinate debt, to evaluate portfolio performance. Key responsibilities will involve the following: monitoring property operating performance, tracking key performance indicators, perform market research and analysis, preparing monthly reports, and active support of the Asset Management Team.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Perform in-depth financial analysis of the existing high yielding commercial mortgage loan portfolio on quarterly/annual basis for overall performance.
- Monitor existing portfolio; involves review and market underwriting to monitor existing and/or future risks.
- Monitor quarterly financials for trigger events pursuant to the loan documents.
- Assist in underwriting and analysis of portfolio maintenance requests and provide actionable recommendations.
- Provide valuation analysis, review and approval of borrowers’ annual property operating budgets.
- Support efforts of Real Estate Finance Group (i.e. annual loan reviews, assist in underwriting and analysis of production deals and problem loans, etc.)
- Promote a positive attitude and working environment among fellow employees.
- Adhere to company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Develop efficient working relationships.
- Other duties as assigned by department management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Real Estate or Finance with a focus in Real Estate.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of commercial real estate and analytical experience required.
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Superior problem solving/decision making skills.
- Experience reading complex loan documents.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of analytical and market research tools a plus (Rockport, CoStar, REIS, Argus etc.).