Flagship Healthcare Properties is a rapidly growing commercial real estate investment firm located in Charlotte, NC that specializes in the development, acquisition, management and leasing of healthcare real estate assets, with a primary concentration in the Southeastern United States. Flagship is launching a private real estate investment trust to consolidate and convert its legacy, closed-end investment funds into a perpetual investment platform, with an initial asset value estimated at $250 million at inception. It is the intent of the REIT to continue to grow its capital and asset base indefinitely.
The newly created Director of Investor Relations role will be responsible for expanding the accredited investor base of Flagship Healthcare Trust through direct outreach to single and multi-family offices, high net worth individuals, Registered Investment Advisor network, wealth management firms and tax-exempt investors such as retirement plans and endowments. In addition, this role will facilitate investment into the REIT via a new Irish-based Alternative Investment Fund via a U.S. corporate blocker entity. This position is a highly visible role in the organization and presents an opportunity to directly support executive management in shaping the message of the company. In short, the Director of Investor Relations will have the primary responsibility for the acquisition of, communication with, and retention of investors in Flagship Healthcare Trust.
- Through direct calling efforts, raise $30-60 million annually in new REIT equity from accredited investors, via investments ranging from $500,000 to $10 million per investor.
- Establish and maintain a prospective investor database
- Draft press releases for investment activity and quarterly investor updates
- Prepare regular updated shareholder marketing materials for new and existing investors
- Expand the company’s competitive intelligence through a quarterly metrics deck and regular updates on the investment community’s perception of the company for the executive management team
- Promptly respond to existing and prospective shareholder’s general and specific inquiries
- Serve as the primary liaison with the firm’s stock transfer agent
- Serve as the primary liaison with the investment community
- Coordinate ongoing marketing schedule, including investor conferences and roadshows
- Develop familiarity with the internal and external regular Net Asset Value valuation process in order to sufficiently explain to shareholders
- Facilitate completion of Subscription Agreements and onboarding of new investors
The Ideal Candidate will Possess:
- Demonstrated, established relationships with potential investors
- Broad knowledge of the universal investment landscape (public and private equity, debt markets, public and private real estate markets, etc.)
- An ability to clearly and convincingly communicate, in both written and verbal form, and in one-on-one and large audience situations, the benefits of investing in the healthcare real estate via a private REIT
- Knowledge of Regulation D Exempted private placement offerings
- An ability to discern and prioritize those prospect/shareholder meetings the director can complete on his or her own versus those in which other members of senior management should attend
- A firm grasp of traditional REIT accounting metrics
- A willingness and ability to regularly travel, both domestically and internationally, to raise capital
- Demonstrated success in new business development, sales, financial literacy and acumen, polished marketing and presentation skills,
- Leadership in thoughts and action
- A hard work ethic
- The highest ethical standards
- Strong capability in Outlook and Microsoft Office
- A Bachelor’s Degree (required) and MBA (preferred)
Flagship Healthcare Properties is an Equal Opportunity Employer.