A Greenwich, CT based real estate investment advisory firm (in walking distance to the Metro North train station and in commuting distance from NYC), is seeking an Analyst / Associate to assist with asset management responsibilities. Candidates must have 2-3 years of commercial real estate work experience in finance, banking, or acquisitions. The candidate must possess superior analytical and organizational skills, as well as effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Selected candidate will focus primarily on asset management of portfolio properties.
Position responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with asset managers to maximize the total return for each asset through the analysis of property fundamentals and identifying opportunities for improved performance.
- Assist asset management to produce monthly and quarterly reports, and investment return analyses in support of strategic recommendations.
- Communicate with joint venture partners and third party property managers in oversight of day-to-day property operations, and other third party providers as needed.
- Review and analysis of partner reports, including drilling into discretionary expenses, reviewing variance analyses, and comparing performance to underwriting.
- Maintain financial models and analysis, including investment return models
- Perform market research and tenant-specific research as needed.
- Understand loan documents and monitor covenant compliance.
- Coordinate and review appraisal process for portfolio assets.
- Help facilitate lender compliance with asset specific requirements such as obtaining approvals for lease agreements and coordinating the release of escrow accounts.
- Prepare responses to ad-hoc quantitative and qualitative investor queries.
Candidates for this position must also have the following:
- Ability to multitask and work independently.
- Exhibit learning agility to quickly grasp new concepts and circumstances, demonstrated resourcefulness and problem-solving skills, with an outstanding energy level and initiative.
- Advanced knowledge of both Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint with extensive financial modeling experience.
- Ability to successfully interact with a broad range of individuals including investor clients and senior management of joint venture partner companies.
- Candidates must be comfortable working in a small team environment.
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and keen business sense.
- Knowledge of property accounting is a plus.