Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Facility Critical Systems Coordinator - Electrical located in San Ramon , CA California /United States through November 21, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This position is responsible for the safe and reliable operation of the Chevron Business & Real Estate Services (CBRES) electrical & critical systems for office facilities in San Ramon, Lathrop, Oakland and San Francisco. Responsibilities include: Oversee safety and performance of 40-60 contractors, operation and maintenance of 21KV, 12KV, 4160V, 600V, 480V, 277V, 208V, 120V electrical systems, data center supporting infrastructure, UPS and emergency generator systems, data/voice cable plant, lighting and security & access systems. Includes responsibilities as a team member for tenant improvement, site infrastructure and electrical projects.
- San Ramon facility is comprised of 16 buildings with 1.6 million sq ft of office, support, and data center space with a lake on 140 acres.
- Lathrop facility is one building with 24,000 sq ft of office space.
- Oakland facility is one building with 105,000 sq ft of office, hangar and shop space.
- San Francisco facility is one floor with 18,000 sq ft of office space in a 30-story building.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Liaison for activities supporting the Chevron Information Technology Co.(CITC) data center.
- Provide technical consulting support to CITC data center management on data center projects.
- Authorize and review security access for CBRES contractors working in specialized areas.
- Ensure accuracy of electrical, data/voice, security and critical system documentation.
- Oversee facility and data center preventive maintenance, repairs, testing and modification of electrical and data/voice infrastructure. Systems include: Power Distribution Units (PDU), Computer Room Air Conditioners (CRAC), Sub Stations, Electrical Switchgear, Transformers, Panel Boards, UPS Systems, Generators and Load Shed System.
- Responsible for maintenance and repair of site security & access equipment (e.g. badge readers, security cameras, intercoms, access and revolving doors). Includes maintaining vendor service orders, approving time & material sheets, invoicing and Ariba payment process.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) representative on all critical and electrical system projects.
- Track and document site energy usage by buildings and tenant operation.
- Ensures Chevron Policy 530 compliance with all Federal, State, local authorities having jurisdictions and Corporate regulations and standards.
- Monitor performance of contractor services against contract Key Performance Indicators(KPI) including conducting Quality Assessments(QA) and Visible Leadership Engagements(VLE).
- Monitor contractor adherence to Chevron’s Contractor Health Environment Safety Management (CHESM) process including conducting CHESM Field Verifications.
- Monitor contractor adherence to CBRES Safe Work Practices(SWP) by conducting Managing Safe Work(MSW) Validate & Verify (V&V) engagements. Ensure work is performed in compliance with Safe Work Procedures. (e.g. Lock Out Tag Out, Electrical Safe Work, Permit to Work, Barricading, Working at Heights, Confined Space etc.)
- Facility advocate for Management of Change (MOC) & Process Safety processes.
- Site contact with PG&E regarding all electrical and natural gas changes and support.
- Perform Facility Emergency Coordinator (FEC) duties on a rotational basis when required.
- Job requires off hour response to site emergencies and power interruptions including occasional off-hours, weekend and holiday work.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of direct working experience within facility electrical and critical systems operations, maintenance, construction, safety and project execution
- Minimum 3 years working knowledge of building systems (i.e. mechanical, electrical, lighting, plumbing, security and data center)
- Minimum 3 years with supervisory/management role in operations, safety and project management
- Strong working knowledge surrounding, Federal and Cal OSHA, State and Corporate regulations and standards
- Driver’s License required for occasional trips to Chevron Business & Real Estate Services (CBRES) office facilities in San Ramon, Lathrop, Oakland and San Francisco
- Bachelor’s Degree (Electrical Engineering) or State Electrical License
- Minimum 5 years of direct experience within facility management & data center operations
- Minimum 5 years with supervisory/management role
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) and/or International Facility Management Association (IFMA) affiliation
- Building Operator Certification (BOC)
- Demonstrated experience overseeing or conducting Health, Environment & Safety (HES) procedures and/or programs
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.