About Colliers International
Colliers International Group Inc. (NASDAQ and TSX: CIGI) is an industry-leading global real estate services company with 15,000 skilled professionals operating in 68 countries. With an enterprising culture and significant employee ownership, Colliers professionals provide a full range of services to real estate occupiers, owners and investors worldwide. Services include strategic advice and execution for property sales, leasing and finance; global corporate solutions; property, facility and project management; workplace solutions; appraisal, valuation and tax consulting; customized research; and thought leadership consulting.
Colliers professionals think differently, share great ideas and offer thoughtful and innovative advice that help clients accelerate their success. Colliers has been ranked among the top 100 global outsourcing firms by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals for 12 consecutive years, more than any other real estate services firm.
Purpose of Position:
You will report to the group's Americas President and lead our Canada valuation team by working with our managers and professionals, designing and implementing strategies to achieve our business goals, recruiting new managers and professionals, supporting existing client relationships and developing new businesses opportunities and clients.
As the ideal candidate for this role, you are a strategist and relationship builder experienced in leading. You are adept at engaging a diverse range of stakeholders to move an agenda forward and achieve strategic goals while demonstrating attention to differing points of view. Your relationship building and communications skills are complemented by your hands-on experience in building a mission-driven entrepreneurial organization. You have demonstrated knowledge of commercial real estate and an understanding of the unique issues and dynamics of growing a valuation business and leading a team of high achievers.
You would be in a visible strategic leadership role that grows within the next few years. You would work for a company that is global in reach, emerging as a leader within the valuation space and invested in building your career. We need new, innovative leaders with genuine team building skills.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Manage multiple offices and projects. Oversee diverse offices and managers, and directly contribute to client-facing property appraisal work for clients. This includes valuation, research, and other valuation related reports and studies.
- Establish and exceed strategic and performance goals. Set and meet annual project goals including client deliverables, financial performance and efficient use of all direct reports.
- Contribute to the budget planning process. Ensure the team’s actions are consistent with organizational values, strategic plan, policies, practices and procedures. Manage costs and allocate resources.
- Ensure client satisfaction, commitment and growth. Develop strategies to build new business relationships and grow existing ones.
- Maintain ongoing client communication. Conduct project reviews and undertake issue resolution. Lead the assessment of client satisfaction and monitor the performance of quoted delivery times across our platform.
- Build the business. Make recommendations for sponsorships and act as Business Unit representative at functions, when assigned.
- Reinforce our employee value proposition. Ensure employee development and continuous improvement, encourage employee satisfaction and retention of key talent.
- Foster a “service-excellence” culture. Maintain a working environment based on respect, trust, accountability and open communication that supports corporate values.
- Build teams. Encourage teamwork, and develop teams focused on continuous improvement, efficiency and effectiveness within all aspects of the operation.
- Be a team player. Partner up with others to deliver superior results through communicating and coordinating with others focused on a common goal.
- A university degree and a strong business acumen.
- 10 years’ experience in Commercial Real Estate Valuation, Asset Management and Advisory.
- AACI designation.
- Expertise in client management across multiple sectors. You understand the pace, delicacy, transparency and processes around working with external and internal clients.
- Development and maintenance of strong client relationships that will positively impact current and future business.
- Outstanding communication skills. You can effectively communicate in person or in writing with clients and internal team members at all levels.
- The drive to succeed and inspire. You are self-motivated and inspiring with integrity, honesty and ethics. You have natural coaching abilities that motivate others to seek your guidance and follow your lead. You are a proactive problem solver.
- Outstanding decision-making abilities. You operate with a sense of urgency but carefully assess risks. You can effectively prioritize and balance multiple priorities, gather information, consult, anticipate consequences and make decisions.
- Strong planning and strategizing skills. You excel at setting goals, delegating deliverables, meeting deadlines, creating plans and evaluating results. You see opportunities to go deeper or broader and you pursue them.
- Enthusiasm for working in a transforming environment. You welcome the opportunity to be entrepreneurial, lead and implement growth and opportunity.
- Driven to succeed and grow, with a firm commitment to being the best and elevating our brand.
- Self-aware and smart, with a high emotional intelligence quotient which manifests itself in sound decisions and outstanding people skills and relationships
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.
Colliers is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Colliers encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the recruitment team by email at email@example.com.