Responsible for the overall management of day-to-day operations of a multi-property, growing commercial portfolio. The Property Manager is a hands-on manager position and will interface regularly with tenants, vendors, contractors, maintenance personnel and senior management.
- Responds on a 24/7 basis for emergency and routine maintenance requests and repair needs in a timely manner. Responds on a timely basis to pressing emails and telephone calls. Responds to afterhours emergency calls, priority emails and text messages as appropriate.
- Manage assigned properties day-to-day activities including:
-Preparation, review, implementation of the operating and capital budgets.
-Tenant Relations - to include face-to-face interaction with each tenant.
-Vendor Management - includes generating detailed vendor specs to obtain competitive bids as required.
-Site Maintenance - to include regularly scheduled on-site inspections of maintenance, safety hazards, tenant issues, landscape needs, roof inspections, curb appeal, signage, etc. Also, this function includes the issuing of periodic narrative reports.
-Leasing – Monitor lease expirations and assist with the leasing process. Interfaces periodically as needed with leasing department to provide information and assistance in marketing related matters.
- Assure optimal functioning of existing building systems (HVAC, fire/life safety equipment, elevators etc.) and security systems.
- Monitor collection of tenant receivables (both rent and CAM charges).
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting, and prepare all general correspondence on property issues.
- Assist with preparation of the Department budget.
- Evaluate service contract requirements; prepare specs bid, negotiate and manage vendor contracts
- Coordinate Tenant move-ins and/or move-outs and develop a Tenant retention plan.
- Maintain Property Files on assigned properties.
- Approve Payables on assigned sites.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with managing retail property.
- Professional designation (CPM, CSM, RPA, or CFM) and real estate license is preferred.
- Self-starter, ability to expedite work with minimal supervision in a satellite office. Highly organized, detail-oriented and a strong ability to prioritize.
- Strong problem-solving and effective follow-up skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, e-mail; knowledge of Outlook preferred.
- Working knowledge of JDE preferred
- Ability to read and interpret legal, blue prints, leasing, title and financial reports and documents.
- Ability to properly communicate with tenants, consultants, contractors, regulatory agencies, the general public and members of the business community.
- Ability to frequently travel within the assigned portfolio
*Please include your resume and salary requirements; please note applicants without a minimum of 5 years experience in managing a retail property will not be considered.
OTHER ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
- Must be a true team player and comfortable in an environment where change occurs frequently.
- Customer-oriented, motivated and strong interpersonal skills.
- Accuracy and attention to fine details is a must.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with all levels of personnel.
- Energy, enthusiasm and positivity.
- Honesty and professional integrity.