Buzz Oates Construction, Inc. is looking for a Project Manager. Buzz Oates is the leading commercial real estate asset services provider in the Greater Central Valley of California. We offer a single point of contact for a full range of construction, real estate, and asset management services. We’ve constructed over 60 million square feet of industrial warehouse and distribution facilities, business parks, and retail centers. We lease 2 – 3 million square feet and broker 100 million in purchases and sales annually. We also manage a 23 million square foot portfolio and have built relationships with nearly 1,000 tenants.
Buzz Oates offers a great work culture with an open space work environment in downtown Sacramento, at 555 Capitol Mall. We offer a full benefit package: health, dental, vision, EAP, LTD, parking, as well as a matching 401K program and education reimbursement. We are looking for a multi-tasking, problem solving, and organized manager to join our team. Below are the details. Send a cover letter and resume .
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes coordinating the necessary resources and efforts of BOC team members, subcontractors and consultants in order to deliver multiple concurrent projects without exceeding budgeted amounts and on or whenever possible ahead of schedule.
The Project Manager provides critical leadership as required to guide their project teams to success. He or she is an excellent communicator who develops and maintains strong business relationships with new and existing clients, subcontractors, government officials, and others as necessary for BOC success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows the “Team Approach”, fulfills all PM responsibilities described therein, and holds other team members accountable for their contribution in a professional and positive manner
- Required to run multiple concurrent projects of varying size and complexity
- Thoroughly understands Buzz Oates Construction (BOC) subcontract and subcontractor/supplier proposal terms
- Supports the preconstruction/estimating department, acting as a resource for current information relevant to the goal of providing comprehensive and accurate preliminary costs
- Prepare accurate and comprehensive RFP’s to eliminate scope gaps
- Review subcontractor/supplier bids for completeness, accuracy and adequate pricing detail
- Negotiate scope and pricing with subcontractors/suppliers to achieve maximum value
- Initiate subcontracts within PM authorization thresholds as allowed per BOC policy
- Present subcontractor recommendations to VP as required per BOC policy
- Develop and manage a master schedule for all projects, coordinating with Superintendent
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, formulate solutions and identify budget impact
- Timely processing of subcontractor/supplier invoicing, pay only for work in place/stored materials
- Mentor and lead Project Engineers to execute the tasks summarized in their position description
- Set and maintain an expectation with Superintendents/Subcontractors for high quality control and performance at all times
- Always follow safety protocols, wear proper PPE while on jobsites that have commenced thru completion, and expect everyone on jobsites to do the same
- At regular Buzz Oates team meetings, and as requested by VP, provide comprehensive project updates including but not limited to budget vs. cost to date, schedule, high exposure items and proposed solutions, and other items of discussion as necessary for project success
- Manage project to successful completion, permit sign-off, CO issuance and closeout
- Fully participate in the Post Project Evaluation (PPE) process as required for all qualifying projects
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong oral/written communication, critical thinking, customer service, organization, fiscal awareness, critical and on-the-fly decision making skills
- Must take a “Safety First” approach, and expect/require this of BOC and Subcontractors
- Must be self-motivated, punctual, professional in appearance and speech and always represent themselves and BOC in a professional manner.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University in Engineering, Construction Management or other applicable field; and 5 years related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. MEP experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be very computer literate and fully capable working with the following programs:
- Word Processing and Spreadsheet software
- Procore or Microsoft Project scheduling software
- Timberline Project Management software
- Other programs as needed
Job Type: Full-time