This Director of Retail Leasing will be responsible for identify potential tenants and negotiate leases for appropriate retailers for assigned asset(s) in Oakland, CA. The ideal candidate will have 3-4+ years of local experience in Retail Leasing with complete responsibility from sourcing to signing. This is an opportunity for someone to be directly responsible for leasing up a highly visible asset in the community. Success in this role could lead to various opportunities nationally as we continue to grow our Retail portfolio. CIM’s Property Management department is responsible for the asset management and operational services in office, multi-family residential, retail, mixed-use and hotel product types. Our properties are predominately located in the urban regions in Southern California, Northern California, Texas, New York City, Washington D.C., Charlotte, and Chicago.
• Prospect potential retailers that are appropriate for use, size and economics. Prepare and send lease proposals to prospective tenants.
• Work cooperatively with internal team to develop lease briefs for internal approval. Facilitate ownership execution and lease filing of all legal lease documents.
• Manage third party resources including brokers, legal, LOD development, lease administration.
• Understand pro forma requirements and lender obligations as they relate to leasing activities.
• Manage internal information process on both an informal and formal basis.
within retail property portfolio and with corporate divisions.
• Coordinate tenant improvement requirements of prospective tenants with Tenant Construction department.
• Maximize conventions for prospecting and closing deals.
• Work with VP Marketing & VP Leasing to develop appropriate marketing materials for leasing.
• Develop annual revenue and occupancy projections within pro forma and approval guidelines.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual projections and status reports as requested.
• Negotiate all letters of intent, leases, amendments, buyouts, terminations. Understand, monitor, and recommend regarding occupancy and performance thresholds.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (if any):
• Provide direction on an on-going basis to assigned staff to obtain appropriate performances from administrative resources.
• Complies with all company HR standards and policies when interacting with employees.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: (including certification, licenses, etc.)
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience required.
• Minimum of 3-4+ years’ experience in retail leasing.
• California Real Estate License.
• Exceptional contacts within the retail and shopping center industry.
• Demonstrated skills with regards to retail leasing results.
• Ability to understand market-driven specifics in terms of demographics.
COMMUNICATION SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to effectively communicate in writing and present information to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
MATHEMATICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to calculate tenant rent structures, breakpoints, commissions, sales percentages, occupancy percentages, and square footages.
REASONING SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to conduct in depth analysis to make appropriate decisions and use discretionary judgment on accurate communication of information.
• Meet and exceed performance goals based on annual budget.
• Maximize Revenue.
• Achieve occupancy and Lease Rental Rates per approved budget and proforma.
• Contribute to achieving an earlier Rental Commencement Date.
*CIM does not accept unsolicited resumes from Agencies. Any unsolicited resumes received from Agencies will be considered property of CIM and no fees will be due or paid. If you wish to become an approved Agency with CIM or any of its Affiliates, please contact a member of the CIM Talent Acquisition Team.