About Colliers International
Colliers International Group Inc. (NASDAQ and TSX: CIGI) is an industry-leading global real estate services company with 15,000 skilled professionals operating in 68 countries. With an enterprising culture and significant employee ownership, Colliers professionals provide a full range of services to real estate occupiers, owners and investors worldwide. Services include strategic advice and execution for property sales, leasing and finance; global corporate solutions; property, facility and project management; workplace solutions; appraisal, valuation and tax consulting; customized research; and thought leadership consulting.
Colliers professionals think differently, share great ideas and offer thoughtful and innovative advice that help clients accelerate their success. Colliers has been ranked among the top 100 global outsourcing firms by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals for 12 consecutive years, more than any other real estate services firm.
The position of Head of Project Management, Bay Area is central to the company’s success in the region. It is a high profile leadership, business development and client management position requiring superior skills, knowledge and experience. The role will have a high degree of delegated authority with which to carry out responsibilities in an efficient and independent manner. The selected person will lead Colliers efforts, as a member of the Corporate Solutions team, in directing and building a differentiated Project Management business in the Bay Area for Corporate Solutions / multi-market client accounts. This will involve accountability for maximizing profitable growth and return on investment.
We require an individual who has knowledge of and experience in solutions/business development, and at least deep knowledge of project management service delivery for occupier clients across a global or regional portfolio of lease and owned assets.
Location: Bay Area, CA
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Lead the development of the business, successfully securing new client contracts.
- Accountable for strategic business planning and budgeting.
- Act as the senior Project Management account manager for some major regional and global clients.
- Lead the integration of Project Management with other Corporate Solutions service lines of Strategy and Innovation (Consulting, Technology, Lease Administration), Transaction Management, and Facilities Management, for the benefit of clients.
- Responsible for delivering Project Management best practices and achieving minimum levels of customer satisfaction and performance across the service line.
- Achieve planned revenue and profit goals.
- Identify accretive acquisition opportunities, and develop business cases to support.
- Actively recruit key Project Management talent to support the business focus, and underwrite the process.
- Management of Project Management staff and support resources including recruiting, training, goal setting, retention and actively managing performance.
- Promote an atmosphere of teamwork and positive service attitudes with all employees, including employees from other Corporate Solutions global regions.
- Develop and promote a collaborative culture, including directly managed staff and all colleagues.
- Develop and implement a strategic marketing and business development plan including;
- Target clients
- Proactive relationship development plans
- Presentations and proposals
- New contract wins
- Collaborate and partner with Occupier Services brokers that are focused on multi-market clients.
- Refine and implement fee models, underwriting models, and pricing strategies, including internal reward/incentive programs for the direct staff, indirect staff, and “partners” (brokers, etc.).
- Support the development a Strategic Sourcing / Procurement strategy for the service line, for the clients’ benefit
- Support the Corporate Solutions Response Marketing team with RFP and RFI activity which includes Project Management scopes of work.
- Implement an effective strategy to grow a “bench” of available resources across the region, available as needed for new business pursuits and new contracts awarded.
- Function as an industry leader within the Americas, actively participating in CoreNet, IAOP, etc.
- Participate in community-based organizations.
- Develop positive communication with corporate real estate executives within the Fortune 2000 through traditional marketing activity as well as in-person relationship building.
- Pursue and maintain CoreNet MCR designation, and/or a PMP designation.
- Perfect alignment with Colliers core values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun.
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering, interior design or construction management
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in providing Project Management in a corporate (occupier) real estate environment, or a related business
- Project Management Professional (PMP) training is preferred
- Demonstrated high level of performance in project budgeting, scheduling, construction and consultant management
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word & PowerPoint
- Proficient in MS Project and familiarity with web-based project management tools
- Highest professional standards
- Strong skills in the following areas: business management, human relations, financial analysis, budgeting, relationship building, time management, planning and organizing, written and verbal communications
- Unwavering integrity and ethical conduct
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- The ability to perceive problems and react quickly to effect solutions
- Demonstrated ability for creative thinking
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.
Colliers International provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.