The Property Manager is responsible for servicing and maintaining the Company's Industrial Assets at a market competitive advantage. This will be achieved though quality professional property management services. Property Management duties will include lease administration, accounts receivables and payables, property maintenance, contract administration, capital budgeting and oversight, and many other related functions
After gaining a sound understanding of the company goals and culture, the Property Manager will complete assigned objectives in line with organization goals, make recommendations to their direct reports, and will be expected (and held accountable) to playing an active role in improving the profit and productivity of the organization.
- Understand and carry out all policies in dealing with properties, ownership, and tenants.
- Respond regarding all actions that involve or influence properties managed in an appropriate manner.
- Remain accountable to the Investor, the governing agencies and state.
- Create innovative management plans with operating budgets that describe the anticipated operation of properties each year.
- Prepare schedules for major and long term physical improvements including preventive maintenance.
- Prepare plans and provide for implementation of special administrative projects.
- Organize the operation of properties to produce expected results.
- Help establish performance goals for Assistant Property Manager(s) and other supervisory personnel so that each job is directed and defined toward the objectives of senior management.
- Provide support and guidance to 3rd party vendors.
- Keep Asset Managers advised of significant operational problems and deviations from the plans for properties in a timely manner.
- Oversee collection of income and the management of expenses including tenant receivables and site reports so as to produce the maximum economic benefit for properties.
- Inspect properties including interior/ exterior of buildings, building systems and rentable space.
- Construction Supervision and Management – organize job walks, write contract specifications, obtain required number of bids per job, ensure competitive price received timely completion of capital work, timely turnover of tenant unit, ensure information is properly entered and tracked through Yardi.
- Supervise, control, and implement fire and life safety systems, preventative maintenance systems, environmental management systems and energy management programs, as appropriate.
- Understand and insure compliance with all governing regulations, codes, and laws as well as other state and local authorities.
- Cooperate with municipal and community agencies.
- Maintain good tenant relations by prompt and complete response to tenant problems.
- Prepare reports and respond to requests for information in a timely manner.
- Prepare initial and follow-up correspondence on all matters relating to properties managed.
- Maintain records in a timely and organized manner.
- Attend and pass advanced educational courses and seminars as well as participate in local professional related activities.
- Minimum of 5yrs as part of a Property Management team in an Assistant Property Manager or Property Manager role
- Prior experience managing industrial properties required
- Must be proficient with the use of Yardi
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have a valid driver’s license