The candidate will assume the role of Analyst for an entrepreneurial investment management firm that manages a variety of real estate debt and equity products. The candidate will become a member of the Asset Management Group (the “Department”). The Asset Management team is responsible for overseeing the private real estate debt and equity investments in Torchlight’s fund businesses, which include assets throughout the U.S. in office, retail, multifamily, hospitality, and industrial asset classes.
The Analyst will be tasked with providing quantitative and qualitative asset management support through assignments related to various debt and equity investments.
- Assist in the execution of business plans of portfolio investments by monitoring performance and driving results
- Provide proactive asset management recommendations for the portfolio
- Assist Client Service team with investor reporting and ad hoc requests for fund LP’s on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Maintain and analyze deal level models and valuations
- Provide support in the formulation of strategies for existing and new positions, which may require a dialogue with market participants, generating borrower/asset/market-level analyses, and extensive financial modeling of various scenarios/outcomes
- Develop a working knowledge of legal documentation and knowledge of lenders’ rights and remedies on loan transactions as well as joint venture, management and leasing agreements on equity transactions
- Maintain and improve existing database
- Participate in the disposition and/or restructure process and assist with due diligence through closing
- 0-2 years of experience in commercial real estate or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Undergraduate degree in economics, finance, real estate, or related degree is preferred
- Team-oriented attitude with a genuine interest in commercial real estate
- Familiarity with, and ability to interpret and understand, complex debt structures and cash flow waterfalls
- Must be able to work efficiently with minimum supervision, adhere to firm deadlines, and handle multiple tasks/demands
- Strong quantitative background; effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Technologically savvy; fluency in Excel is required. Proficiency in ARGUS software preferred
- Authorization to work in the United States
Torchlight Investors, LLC- Company Description
The firm is an SEC registered investment advisor with over $3.5 billion in assets under management in commercial real estate debt. Since its inception in 1995, the firm has invested over $20 billion in its funds and separate accounts.
Torchlight Investors is an equal opportunity employer.