The CRE Loan Originator role reports directly to our Chief Investment Officer and works with a team of professionals with industry-leading technology and an established lead management system at your fingertips. You will support Plum’s loan origination efforts by making contact with borrowers and/or their agents and working closely with other departments on loan processing, closings and business strategy. We have a robust pipeline of nationwide leads so an existing book of business is not required. You need to have superb communication skills, the ability to persuasively articulate our loan programs and value proposition, and demonstrate an understanding of the CRE lending market.
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional who is seeking to advance his or her career trajectory within a high growth, early stage company that is transforming the commercial real estate lending process from start to finish.
- Originate quality commercial real estate loans by providing the highest levels of customer service. A prior book of business is helpful but not required.
- Engage with prospects by using various means of contact, including phone and e-mail, to determine their needs and offer them the most appropriate loan products.
- Collect property information, sponsor financial information and work with borrowers and/or their adviors to prepare loan applications.
- Prepare initial deal review summaries including loan sizing and analysis for presentation to credit.
- Work closely with our underwriting and investment teams during loan quote, underwriting and closing stages.
- Communicate with senior management regarding status of potential loan opportunities and lead activity.
- Work with marketing to develop strategies to market Plum’s products to CRE borrowers and/or their agents and representatives.
- 5+ years of sales experience working for a bank, brokerage company, investment bank, consulting firm or other lending institution.
- General understanding of and exposure to credit analysis, underwriting and CRE lending.
- A prior track record of success in sourcing and closing small balance loans is helpful but not required.
- Experience using persuasive, selling communication skills; embrace a solutions-based selling approach.
- Demonstrated ability to connect quickly with people in an outgoing, friendly and professional manner.
- Highly driven and focused.
- Self-motivated worker with the ability and flexibility to work in a dynamic, team setting as well as independently.
- Proficient with technology and passionate about the ability of technological innovation to transform the financial services and commercial real estate industries.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- BA/BS degree in finance, economics, real estate, or related discipline preferred.
- CA DRE license preferred but not required (NMLS is not required).
- Early equity in a startup that is revolutionizing commercial real estate lending.
- Competitive package of base pay and stock options.
- Generous health, dental and vision coverage for employees and family members, along with commuter pre-tax program.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the disruption of an industry and to shape the building of a company and culture.
- Chance for your direct input to be realized and put into action.
- Freedom to stretch the boundaries of your past work experience, learn skills outside of your immediate job description and grow your career.
- Autonomy, flexibility and a flat corporate structure.
***Women and minorities encouraged to apply.
Position is available immediately. All submissions will be treated confidentially.