CIM Group is searching for an Area Manager to support our properties in LA County. The Area Manager is responsible for the overall management of multiple residential properties, ensuring high levels of service to the properties, strong leadership & supervision for the property teams and support overall in meeting company goals.
CIM’s Property Management department is responsible for the asset management and operational services in office, multi-family residential, retail, mixed-use and hotel product types. Our properties are predominately located in the urban regions in Southern California, Northern California, Texas, New York City, Washington D.C., Charlotte, and Chicago.
• Train, direct and supervise residential property managers in the performance of their responsibilities.
• Oversight responsibility for the development of the annual budgets. Financial understanding and guidance of monthly variance reports. Ensure that all receivables are monitored and provide guidance to the property managers through any receivable litigation process.
• Ensure tenant relations are consistent with established CIM standards and expectations.
• Provide overall direction and supervision of day to day residential property management and have full knowledge and oversight responsibility for management of the properties within the geographic region.
• Actively participate in the acquisition due diligence process, including involvement in the management related section of the underwriting process
• Provide regular updates to the asset manager, investment leads and oversight principals.
• Provide effective interaction with other departments.
• Provide guidance to the multi-family on site managers and leasing associates for the residential leasing activities, including marketing strategies.
• Actively participate in the quarterly asset management reporting process.
• Ensure that all property management offices are staffed appropriately at all times.
• Assign tasks to on site residential property managers to ensure completion of supporting property administration.
• Confirm building amenities pricing through competition analysis.
• Approves all recommended concessions based on current market conditions or limitations imposed by the unit larger than similar product type in your peer group.
• Seeks Owner approval at the beginning of each calendar year on a pricing matrix (“Unit Pricing Matrix”) for each unit including renewals and ensures the Leasing Associate updates this matrix on a weekly/monthly basis (as required) to maximize market rent and occupancy.
• Works closely with the on site management to ensure all renewals or new leases meet or exceed the approved Unit Pricing and all units that are more than 5% from the approved Unit Pricing Matrix must be pre-approved by the Owner rep.
• Participate in property management functions and membership groups.
• Ensure that CIM is appropriately represented within the office and multifamily investment communities.
• Must be comfortable meeting with residents, vendors, corporate staff, owners and investors.
• Team player who is committed to fulfillment of job completion.
• Must be detailed oriented, highly motivated, able to multi-task and have strong organizational skills.
• Direct supervision over the property managers / property management companies.
• Direct supervision of the third party providers.
• Participate in the oversight of the accounting staff assigned to multifamily assets.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: (including certification, licenses, etc.)
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in senior leadership role(s) involving residential property management.
• Knowledgeable about general accounting practices as it relates to accrual based accounting for creating an income statement to include reserving for bad debt.
• Proven ability to successfully manage multiple residential assets equal to or greater than the unit count for this position.
• Proficient in use of computer as well as basic business office software applications including MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience with Yardi, Yield Star or similar products preferred.
• Ability to understand technical evaluations as they apply to the investment and/or operation.
• Basic understanding of building maintenance and mechanical functions.
*CIM does not accept unsolicited resumes from Agencies. Any unsolicited resumes received from Agencies will be considered property of CIM and no fees will be due or paid. If you wish to become an approved Agency with CIM or any of its Affiliates, please contact a member of the CIM Talent Acquisition Team