The Chief Accounting Officer (CAO), Fund Reporting is responsible for the overall function and oversight of all investment fund financial reporting & accounting across all investment platforms. The position will be responsible for the accounting, reporting, and ongoing development and monitoring of systems and processes designed to report timely & accurate financial results.
• Oversee the operations of the fund accounting functions and teams, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
• Ensure timely and accurate reporting of all financial data for all funds.
• Work with senior leadership to identify improvement and transformation opportunities and ensure implementation of all approved initiatives with the accounting function.
• Oversee relationships with external auditors to ensure timely preparation of external audit reports, while managing efficient fee levels.
• Work with Valuations group to ensure accurate and timely preparation of required valuations.
• Ensure consistency in reporting across all Fund types and investment profiles.
• Ensure appropriate control environment to safeguard and protect our financial assets and ensure compliance with regulatory environment.
• Work with Fund directors to create a cohesive team approach to consistently delivering the highest quality reporting product for our users.
• Oversee the consolidation and roll-up of all asset-level accounting.
• Work closely with stakeholders to ensure delivery of ad hoc reporting and other data in line with their needs.
• Manage end-user expectations and relationships, with particular focus on the Investments & Investor Relations teams.
• Provide direction and oversight to ensure proper calculation & usage of cash flow waterfalls and promote valuations.
• Direct & oversee the month-end closing process for all funds.
• Consistently review overall department function and look for areas to improve processes and efficiencies in accounting and reporting.
• Ensure compliance with SOX, the Investment Advisors Act of 1940 and all other relevant regulations.
• Coordinate with Tax department regarding the review of relevant tax filings and returns.
• Ensure accurate and appropriate information and documentation is created with regards to any and all regulatory or compliance issues impacting fund accounting.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (if any):
• Oversight and management of all accountants in Fund accounting positions, including direct supervision of VPs and Director-level employees.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: (including certification, licenses, etc.)
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Related Field. MBA Strongly preferred
• 15+ years’ experience in Accounting with progressive responsibility
• Private Equity/Hedge Fund experience
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
• Demonstrated expertise in GAAP accounting.
• Understanding of Fund-level agreements and similar legal documents.
• Experience in Yardi, MRI, J. D. Edwards or comparable software.
• Operate standard office equipment.
*CIM does not accept unsolicited resumes from Agencies. Any unsolicited resumes received from Agencies will be considered property of CIM and no fees will be due or paid. If you wish to become an approved Agency with CIM or any of its Affiliates, please contact a member of the CIM Talent Acquisition Team.