POSITION: Full-time Investment Analyst. Compensation commensurate with experience.
OBJECTIVE: The Investment Analyst will help grow a dynamic owner-operator of commercial and residential buildings in New York City, Boston, Washington DC and the surrounding suburbs. Opportunity to work closely with a small team on acquisitions, asset management, development and leasing.
KEY TASKS: Acquisitions/Financing
· Assist/Lead in financial analysis and Excel and Argus modeling including sensitivity analyses
· Prepare investment summaries and participate in due diligence effort
· Assist/Lead team with preparation of investor books and reporting
· Assist/Lead in direct interaction with principal investors, borrowers, brokers and lenders.
· Liaise with third-party accounting professionals regarding company financial reporting
· Review property operating statements provided by third-party managers
· Maintain log of on-going projects and provide progress reports
· Organize and present data analysis, draw objective conclusions and make comprehensive recommendations to senior investment professionals
· Periodically visit properties and present ideas for improvement
· Oversee insurance, real estate taxes, local law compliance, etc.
· Participate in implementation of capital projects
· Assist team with quarterly/annual reporting on current portfolio analysis
· Manage company and property-level bank accounts
· Assist third-party leasing agents to develop and implement marketing programs
· Assist third-party leasing agents to draft and negotiate proposals
· Review lease drafts with legal counsel to ensure accuracy
· 2 – 4 years’ experience of analytical work in real estate
· Advanced knowledge of New York commercial real estate market
· Desire to work in small, entrepreneurial company
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to think creatively
· Advanced Microsoft Office, specifically Excel skills and advanced Argus knowledge
· Strong understanding of real estate valuation theory, methodology and applications
· Ability to interpret, develop and present financial analysis and accounting
· Flexibility to accommodate work flow priorities
· Self-motivated and proactive