Grand Coast Capital Group is a private real estate investment firm that specializes in direct lending and investing in residential, multi-family, retail, office and other commercial real estate assets. Grand Coast is an opportunistic real estate investor that has successfully launched multiple funds, as well as invested directly in commercial real estate transactions in the US and Ireland.
Grand Coast is looking for an experienced accounting and finance professional (7+ years) who can manage all aspects of the firm's accounting and reporting needs. This role will be actively involved in acquisitions, asset management, operations, fund accounting and investor relations. This position provides tremendous opportunity for growth and reports directly to COO & CEO.
- Oversee and manage accounting functions for the Company's real estate private equity, mortgage banking, and direct real estate companies
- Apply knowledge of accounting and tax issues to determine impact on operations and cash flows in preparing asset and fund level models. Update and analyze results at least quarterly for internal monitoring and external track records.
- Prepare, review and present internal financial reporting and analysis, including asset management reports. Includes updating actuals, coordination of comments for variance between results and budget/underwriting, and cash flow analysis.
- Analyze fund and investment operations; accurately apply distribution allocations to forecast cash flows and returns using agreements and fund structure, including complex co-invest and joint-venture structures
- Prepare monthly limited partners' and general partner allocations per Operating Agreements
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements monthly, quarterly and yearly for all entities
- Implement systems to accurately track and strategize the financial management of multiple entities across various platforms
- Handle all ad-hoc information requests from investors, investment professionals, and senior management
- Participate in new fund launches by coordinating with multiple parties, managing resources, and review legal documentation
- Process all accounts payable and accounts receivable for all entities
- Prepare bank reconciliations for all entities
- Process payroll for all employees as well as administer company benefit plans
What competencies/skills/personality traits do you need to have?
- Highly analytical, strong written and verbal communication, resourceful, and one who takes the initiative and is confident in one's work and abilities;
- Proven track record of over achieving vetted through hard work and discipline, which is built upon desire to succeed and ambition;
- Honesty, integrity, discretion and privacy are a necessity
- Desire to innovate and implement systems to ensure operational efficiency is a necessity
- Expertise in Excel, Quickbooks, and other accounting software
- Extremely well organized with the ability to effectively multi-task and calmly handle large workload, while maintaining a positive attitude
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills with solid grasp of business concepts
What are your first-year accountabilities?
- Accounting for mortgage loan portfolio, including coordination with the origination team for new loans, draws, and payoffs
- Cash management functions, including processing of incoming/outgoing cash transactions
- Recording of all investment activity into accounting software
- Preparation of liquidity and cash availability models
- Analysis and processing of investor capital contributions and capital calls
- Calculation and administration of monthly investor reporting and distributions
- Preparation of cash distributions to investors, ensuring in compliance with partnership agreements, coordination of information with investment team and CPA firm
- Develop and implement accounting policies for all entities
Education and Experience required:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting of Finance
- CPA preferred
- 5-7 years of real estate / private equity / commercial banking experience / fund accounting
- Experience at a Big 4 or other Public Accounting Experience is a plus
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary – commensurate with experience
- Health Insurance
- Bonus Opportunities
- Casual, Professional Environment