The Senior Fund Accountant will have responsibility for the accounting and finance functions for a real estate investment fund. Individual will work directly with the third-party Accounting Group and the Fund Administrator in the preparation of financial statements and information for the Fund. This position will report to the Senior Vice President in our Chicago, Illinois office.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage financial reporting for property and real estate investment entities.
- Review monthly financial statements for individual properties and review and or prepare consolidated financial statements.
- Prepare consolidated REIT financial statement to submit to the Fund Administrator for preparation of fund financial statement and review of investor capital and performance statements.
- Review performance reporting
- Coordinate year-end audit and tax work with public accountants
- Review each property acquisition closing document with settlement statement for accuracy and to insure it complies with Investment Committee approval.
- Onboard newly acquired properties, including verifying set-up of legal LLC, establishing bank account and review opening entry and workpaper support to submit to property managers and accountants.
Manage Cash Flow from investors and lenders for use in acquisitions, distributions of excess cash to investor or pre-acquisition or entity disbursements
Perform weekly cash analysis.
Review monthly bank reconciliations performed on managed accounts.
Approve and disburse checks for managed accounts.
Coordinate monthly interest payments to lender.
Calculate and invoice monthly asset management fees.
- Serve as a resource for Boyd Watterson real estate operations.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; Required
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Office Products
- Yardi experience; Required.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- 3-year plus public and/or private accounting, real estate accounting preferred. Supervisory experience; Required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multitask managing several projects at once.