We are seeking a Director of Construction to be responsible for the full delivery methods of construction process, including project budget preparation, negotiating and preparing construction contracts (e.g., guaranteed maximum price, lump sum, etc.), developing and managing CPM construction schedules, coordinating with general contractors, overseeing the completion of infrastructure improvements, ground-up construction projects, redevelopments, expansions, and renovations.
The Director of Construction will generally be responsible for:
- Review project progress, address issues, and adjust schedules and budgets proactively to meet project objectives.
- Develop, update and report on project and department budgets.
- Review scope of work in contract document, relating construction plans and specifications, and schedule and assign work appropriately to project team members.
- Coordinate with design team and assist in providing timely input on budgeting, schedule and other preconstruction activities.
- Monitor and manage the entire process of construction through to completion of the project.
- Manage and coordinate overall construction process including contractors, consultants, agencies, utilities and internal staff.
- Exercise best practices to ensure GC and subcontractor delivery methods are aligned with project budget, project schedule and project quality standards.
- Track market construction cost trends nationally, regional and locally relating to subcontractor trades, commodities, labor negotiations, and contractor indirect costs to projects such as general requirements, general conditions, insurance, bond and fee structuring
- Ensuring the compliance of outside vendors with regard to billing, payments, submittal of required backup documents, and all construction related documentation for proper construction administrative performances during the course of projects – including project close out.
- Regularly monitor and track general compliance of project entitlements conditions of approval, CEQA mitigation monitoring report program items, federal and state regulations and local building and safety codes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Architecture, Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university is required.
- Preferred Advanced Degree and/or Professional licenses in Construction, Architecture, Engineering.
- 10+ years of commercial and residential construction management experience.
- Ability to interpret technical plans, specifications and other construction documentation.
- Experience overseeing and having prior hands-on management of large scale and commercial projects – asset.
- Solid understanding of the construction industry, terminology, codes, documentation, and design disciplines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an enthusiasm for working closely with a multitude of internal and external partners.
- Significant Proficiency MS Office computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Power Point, Project) and P6 and project management software preferred.