Come join one of San Diego’s four S&P 500 companies, Realty Income Corporation, The Monthly Dividend Company®. Realty Income attracts smart, high performing individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If working in a highly professional environment that rewards employees resonates with you, please apply today.
Our opening is for an experienced Asset Management Associate who will work to identify new development opportunities within Realty Income’s existing portfolio. The Associate will support Realty Income’s development program by reviewing property, legal files and site plans for viability of opportunities including analyzing market, zoning and use restrictions, assisting in negotiating letters of intent, communicating with municipalities, and the execution of the development process for retail property conversions, new outparcels, and redevelopment of existing retail assets.
Specifically, the Asset Management Associate will be responsible to:
- Assist in pursuing development opportunities on existing assets including pad leasing, outparcel build-to-suit, re-purposing assets and demising of big-box space.
- Review property and legal files for the viability of opportunities including analyzing market, zoning and use restrictions.
- Communicate with local municipalities regarding requirements for the redevelopment of a particular site.
- Review of site plans for the viability of redevelopment of a particular site.
- Participate in telephone conferences with potential tenants, brokers, developers, and outside vendors for opportunities.
- Assist, as needed, in draft, review and prepare Letters of Intent under the direction of the Vice President, Asset Management.
- Communicate with Tenants and negotiating lease amendments, term sheets, profit sharing, and reciprocal easements.
- Participate in discussions with brokers and developers regarding the potential for incremental value creation opportunities within Realty Income’s portfolio.
- Assist in coordination between Legal, Portfolio Management, and Acquisitions groups as it relates to incremental value creation opportunities.
- Continue developing strong tenant, developer, and broker relationships.
- Complete special projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university.
- Two (2) or more years of commercial real estate experience with emphasis in comprehending title and zoning documentation and development.
- Understanding of budgeting, cash flows and financial analysis for real estate development projects.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Ability to comprehend property and legal files including use restrictions, easements, and zoning requirements.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex ideas and issues clearly and concisely to upper management as well as engage in negotiations with tenants, developers, and brokers.
- Ability to effectively identify issues, research and analyze complicated matters, assess potential exposure and minimize risk, propose alternative courses of action, offer practical advice and counsel and make well-reasoned recommendations.
- Ability to exercise creativity and resourcefulness to solve problems appropriately and promote effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ability to effectively and proactively manage time, handle multiple projects concurrently, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy and quality in the work product.
- Complete tasks in occasionally ambiguous situations and take the lead without explicit instructions.
- Adapt to frequent changes in project assignments.
- Ability to think positively and strategically, be appropriately detailed-oriented and accurate while maintaining big-picture thinking.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret a wide variety of routine-to-complex legal and business documents and agreements.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; exceedingly professional.