Come join one of San Diego’s four S&P 500 companies, Realty Income Corporation, the Monthly Dividend Company. Realty Income attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on meritocracy and values work-life balance resonates with you, please apply today.
Our current opening is for an experienced Investment Sales Analyst who will be primarily responsible for the disposition of investment properties. This responsibility entails managing both internal and external processes.
Internally, the Investment Sales Analyst will (i) evaluate properties and tenants in the existing portfolio, (ii) identify properties to dispose of, (iii) analyze relevant legal and property documents, and (iv) monitor and maintain a project tracking system.
Externally, the Investment Sales Analyst will (i) maintain relationships with various parties, (ii) work with brokers on listing properties to dispose of, (iii) negotiate deal terms and (iv) close transactions. In addition, the Investment Sales Analyst will work with other members of the Asset Management department on generating reports and value-enhancing opportunities.
Specifically, the Investment Sales Analyst will have responsibility for:
Disposition of Investment Properties:
- Manage internal processes to identify properties to dispose of, based on discussions with various constituents
- Align the company’s strategic goals, including valuation and timing of disposition, to optimize transaction execution
- Conduct broker interviews to evaluate pertinent market knowledge, network of contacts, and transaction experiences
Analyze relevant legal and property documents to understand and assess zoning and use restrictions as well as any
- Monitor and maintain a project tracking system to ensure timely transaction completion
- Manage external processes to
- Work with brokers on listing properties to dispose and supervise day-to-day transaction execution
- Convey clear communication of strategic goals
- Accurately draft and ensure documentation, such as CA/NDA, Listing Agreement, LOI, OM, etc. are produced on time
- Favorably negotiate deal terms and contracts in Realty Income’s best interests
- Evaluate transaction structure and economics, utilizing best practice negotiation tactics
- Willingness to step up, take full ownership of the project, and resolve outstanding issues to maximize value/benefits
- Coordinate information flows between internal groups and various parties involved in the transaction execution
- Work with other members of the Asset Management department to generate, maintain, and furnish periodic reports/industry tracking pieces reviewed by the senior executives
- Consult with other members of the Asset Management department to uncover potential value-enhancing opportunities
Performs other duties as assigned.
Bottom of FormEducation and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
- Two or more years of commercial real estate experience
- Competent knowledge of the use and applicability of budgeting, cash flows, and financial analysis for real estate transactions
- Proficient in MS Office products, particularly Excel
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Interpersonal/communication skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build solid relationships quickly and maintain them
- Time management skills
- Must be able to multi-task
- Reading team dynamics and assessing the most appropriate methods to facilitate bringing a topic or issue to a potential resolution
- Organizational skills
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and follow-through skills
- Project-managing disposition-related activities
- Must demonstrate high level of attention to detail when necessary, without missing the bigger picture
- Analytical skills
- Good understanding of financial modeling, financial statement analysis, corporate finance, and transaction structuring
- Must have thorough experience negotiating both the purchase and sales agreements and leases on real estate transactions