Our Client is a leading global strategic design practice specializing in the development and implementation of strategies and design solutions for commercial workplaces across a wide variety of industries. Our Client is located in 13 countries, with 34 offices situated in some of the most dynamic cities and highly prized real estate in the world. The company has a significant legacy of some thirty years standing in the strategic design, development and construction of innovative and efficient workplace environments for the commercial, corporate and industrial sectors.
The primary purpose of the Business Development Principal role is to lead the team in developing and implementing a BD strategy that is aligned with our Client’s overall vision strategy and objectives, to meet both short term and long term goals.
- In conjunction with the CR Regional Principal, develop and implement a long and short term BD strategy, including forecasting, in line with our Client’s 80/20 methodology, to meet the local and global vision and goals.
- Create a local opportunity pipeline in accordance with agreed strategic plan and budget/targets
- Lead and manage the BD staff to ensure they have and accomplish specific BD targets, leading to specific sales goals, and ensure their professional growth
- Enhance the sales function by: establishing and aligning all team members with the overall strategy, managing performance, establishing best practices, and educating others outside of the Business Development function on how to support sales.
- Identify, build and foster strategic internal and external relationships to drive brand awareness and acquire new clients.
Lead Acquisition and Development
- Undertake lead source analysis and drive lead management
- Collaborate with Regional Marketing & Communications to ensure brand alignment with client approach
- Collaborate with Strategy, Design and Delivery to identify key industry or client relationships
- Undertake 80/20 Conversion analysis locally to support business planning
- Implement global strategies around research projects in conjunction with marketing and strategy teams within the location
- Implement within the region globally agreed event strategies and budgets
- Develop fresh and innovative approaches to identify and attract target clients
- Participate in local studio planning to identify local or regional specific opportunities and client types
- Map and follow-up on key local client relationships (new, existing and previous contacts and firms)
- Collaborate with Global Business Development Team to identify and drive cross regional opportunities with target clients
- In conjunction with Regional MD, determines skill and competency requirements for BD staff, to meet short and long term goals.
- Responsible for the hiring, engagement, development, and retention of all BD team members, utilizing our Client’s People and Culture tools and processes.
- Ensure that all team members have: clear and focused goals and metrics; regular feedback on progress; coaching for current and future performance.
- Ensure a clear definition of qualified leads so that BD efforts are properly focused and that BD staff work productively.
- Ensures a highly functioning team through effective communication and role modeling
- Drive Business Development methodology, standards/practices, processes and technology solutions within the Studio to enhance the capability and effectiveness of the organization
- Drive a culture of accuracy in research and intelligence for handover
- Implement and support Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Collaborate with Marketing & Communications for continual improvement of events
- Ensure the full and timely use of Salesforce by all team members
- Provide status updates to management as required.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in sales and/or client relations.
- Minimum 3 years of management experience leading teams.
- Previous industry experience in commercial construction, architectural design and/or construction project management preferred.
- Proven ability to earn the respect of internal teams.
- Strong leadership, communication, and relationship management skills
- Proven ability to lead a successful BD function.
- Track record of building client relationships, assessing and addressing client needs, preparing, leading and delivering client presentations and closing deals and coaching others to do the same