Position: SVP, Development & Construction
With offices in Boston and New York, Mark Development (MD) has been responsible for more than $1.5 billion in urban and suburban mixed-use and retail developments in eight states. MD is currently involved in numerous mixed-use projects in the greater Boston area, specifically the City of Newton with active development in downtown Boston and the City of Cambridge.
We are look for a Senior Vice President to join our development team and be responsible for the on-going management of our mixed-use projects through the pre-development, development and construction process with an emphasis on the development of the project program, design documents, procurement, estimating and cost management. The SVP, Development and Construction candidate must thrive in an independent environment where he/she has the opportunity to directly shape and manage complex mixed-use development projects.
- Oversee a development project team of internal and external resources from conceptual design through project execution, including but not limited to entitlements, zoning and design.
- In collaboration with the firm Principal(s), select and manage design consultants, general contractors and/or construction managers in accordance with the project’s schedule and cost objectives. This includes preparing RFP’s, soliciting and assesing proposals, and overseeing contract preparation.
- Manage and oversee cost estimating and budgeting for new construction, including soft costs, hard costs and building related expenses.
- Implement and oversee constructability and value engineeriong reviews.
- Manage complex development projects under construction to ensure developments remain on time and on budget.
- Accountable for coordinating work activites, ensuring open communication between consultants and Company project team members.
- 10+ years of relevant exeperince in construction and development project management with specific experience in mixed-use residential projects required.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, development managent, architecture, engineeriong or a related discipline is required; a Master’s desgree is preferred.
- Strong technical understanding of construction, architectural design, and engineering.
- Applicant must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with good attention to detail.
- A driven, self-motivated individual with an ability to quickly adapt to change of direction.
- Possess excellent oral and written communcitaion skills.
- Applicants must have good time management skills.
- Experience working with public financing subsidies and public agengies a plus.