The role of the Transaction and Compliance Coordinator is to support the Director, Transactions & Underwriting with acquisitions, financing and disposition efforts. This position is also responsible for compliance including OFAC policies and procedures, Registered Agent entity maintenance, and monitoring Compliance Depot for the construction management team.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for coordination of all aspects of due diligence inspections, including but not limited to coordinating property walks, lease audits, and all third-party vendors to ensure smooth inspections with minimal disturbance to residents and staff.
- Ensures compliance with Purchase and Sale Contracts including collecting insurance certificates, reviewing documentation provided for dispositions and acquisitions for completeness.
- Coordinates and communicates with all parties throughout transaction, including Sellers, Buyers, lenders, all vendors, and internal employees to build relationships and ensure on time closings for acquisitions and dispositions.
- Maintains organized internal process as it relates to documentation for due diligence, loans, and partner information and post-closing tasks.
- Prepares, collects, and files all legal and lender documentation. Coordinates all signatures and notarial certificates.
- Calendars and facilitates investment committee and post close transition meetings with executive team, asset management, accounting, and construction management.
- Manages the Debt Management System to ensure all new transactions and quarterly updates of all debt and property information, are uploaded timely to facilitate debt reporting needs for Senior Management.
- Manages all vendor enrollment and approval for Construction Management’s Compliance Depot including communicating with vendors, construction managers, and insurance brokers to ensure all construction venders are enrolled and in good standing.
- Responsible for maintaining, renewing, and monitoring all hedge instruments, legal identifiers.
- Manages the Registered Agent relationship to keep all legal entities in good standing, relays Service of Process notifications, and ensures all entities are maintained on our account.
- Ensures compliance with company’s internal OFAC Policies and Procedures.
- Special Projects and additional duties as assigned.
- Be able to make decisions, meet targets and work under pressure.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and extreme attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written, and interpersonal
- Highly organized self-starter with ability to take direction and follow-through
- Ability to apply best practices to facilitate successful completion of projects
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to build and maintain strong vendor relationships.
- A sense of urgency, comfort with ambiguity, drive for results and ability to remain true to the company’s brand and image.
- California Notary Public preferred but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit and stand for up to 10 hours per day
- Ability to move freely around the office for up to 10 hours per day
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
Preferred Experience/ Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Customer and client management
- Strong self-management skills
Base salary of $65k to $85k based on experience, plus a performance-based bonus.