Colonial Parking is looking for a seasoned, performance-driven Business Development Director to expand the company’s portfolio of properties throughout the Washington D.C. Metropolitan area. If you know how to maintain a robust pipeline of prospects, and move captures forward to successful partnerships, then we want to talk with you!
Colonial Parking is a family-owned and locally based company dedicated to providing unparalleled service to parkers throughout the Metropolitan Washington DC area. Our relationships with property owners and property managers—our clients—are marked by integrity and accountability.
With largest portfolio in Metropolitan Washington DC consisting of more than 250 parking facilities serving office buildings, retail malls, hotels, sporting events and hospitals, Colonial offers convenient parking for tens of thousands of residents and visitors every day.
The Business Development Director has overall responsibility for developing, executing and managing the company’s annual new business plan to support the company’s financial and new business targets. This vital role will routinely produce and present management reports to review actual results and discuss pipeline status throughout the year. This person will be on point to manage all stages of the bidding process, including the drafting of RFP’s, the presentation of materials, and contributing/leading? the presentation team for potential client meetings.
- Develops and executes annual new business plan to included supporting strategies, tactics, budget, resources and timeline.
- In concert with senior management and operations, coordinates all marketing (including research and analysis) and sales activities to fill the pipeline with potential new business.
- Directly responsible for all points of the new business and sales cycle including prospecting, responding to RFP’s, developing Power Point and other presentation materials, and attend potential client meetings and presentations.
- Plays a key role in client retention by maintaining strong relations with assigned clients, including responding to client requests and concerns through the coordination of operations and corporate support employees.
- Manages the company’s business opportunity database by ensuring data is current and complete and provides analytical reports on request as well as track the company’s RFP submittal to win ratio and other key metrics.
- Is an active member in the company sponsored professional associations (BOMA, Chamber of Commerce, etc.) by attending events, participating in committee work and providing presentation and/or articles for publication.
- Responsible for the company’s advertising program by managing the supporting budget, assists with the publishing of ads in approved industry publications, convention collateral, and online websites.
- Analyzes and reports on sales pipeline, KPI’s and related metrics to Operations, Senior Management and Ownership on no less than a weekly basis to leverage current and potential opportunities.
- Participates in regularly scheduled monthly meetings with Ownership.
- Dotted line reporting to members of the Executive team as required per business needs.
- Bachelor Degree in General Business or related field.
- Minimum of seven years of new business, sales and marketing experience in the parking or related industry.
- Established experience in drafting, developing, managing and reporting new business annual plans and instituting changes to the business to either maximize profitability or mitigate actuals that fall below expecations.
- Established experience in Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook and CRM software (e.g., Microsoft Dynamics).
- Excellent oral (including formal presentations) and written communications and comprehension skills required.
- An attractive compensation (including an annual incentive program and auto allowance) and benefits package that is commensurate with your experience and expertise.
- A challenging role within an established parking management firm team with opportunities to grow your career while utilizing your expertise to serve and partner with a diverse group of clients.
- Access to industry leaders who share your enthusiasm for parking and operational excellence and who will help you further develop your skills
***Colonial Parking is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing.***