Regional Facilities & Construction Manager, Northeast Region
Position Summary -
The Regional Facilities & Construction Manager is responsible for the overall performance and quality of our facility engineering services and the tenant/capital improvement construction management services on commercial medical office buildings. The position reports directly to the Vice President, Facilities Engineering & Construction Management; provides leadership and support to all building maintenance engineers, property managers and leasing associates. Responsibilities include but are not limited to providing construction budgets, evaluation and execution of tenant and capital improvement projects and oversight of the regions building maintenance engineering services.
- 7-10 years of direct hands on experience overseeing the maintenance engineering services and/or construction of commercial medical office buildings
- 7-10 years management experience for construction services related to commercial or medical office buildings for tenant and capital Improvements
- 5-7 years’ experience in supervising and working with building maintenance engineers, property managers, leasing associates and vendors for management of commercial medical office environments.
Core Area(s) of Responsibility: Tenant & Capital Improvements, Building Maintenance Engineering Services
- Tenant Improvements
- Assume leadership for all aspects of the tenant improvement process within a given region, including but not limited to: conceptual designs, budgeting, proper permitting, bidding and contracting, managing, approving and reconciling cost.
- Manage other projects as required with the same standards of tenant improvement projects.
- Create “scope of work” documents for contracting in lieu of architectural plans when necessary and appropriate.
- Track and record all critical path information related tenant improvement projects
- Develop and enhance relationships with owner representatives, clients, existing tenants, property management staff and vendors.
- Assess challenges; gather information, plan and initiate solutions to overcome budget issues, schedule conflicts, deadlines, design changes and other unknown obstacles as they occur to ensure successful completion of all projects.
- Work with various leasing and real estate contacts, clients, designers and engineers to provide take off budgets, space alteration concepts and solutions for various space requirements.
- Create timelines and schedules for various asset related projects.
- Ensure commencement dates are realistic and bring projects to completion on time and within budget.
- Review plans to assure documents are consistent with tenant expectations, lease requirements, building standards, all applicable codes.
- Read and understand leases and work letters to ensure requirements are fulfilled as it relates to the tenant improvement.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, while ensuring new budget request are met, new projects are started on time and completed projects are properly closed out, on time and on budget.
- Capital Improvements
- Work with asset managers, property management, and maintenance personnel to conduct an annual inspection of each asset in preparation for capital budgeting.
- Participate in the capital budgeting process by providing guidance for priorities, recommending solutions, creating scope of work and gathering cost to ensure optimal use of capital funds.
- Provide guidance to the property management and maintenance staff to increase the useful life of all asset related equipment and structures.
- Recommend solutions for property/building issues including but not limited to: emergency repairs, preventative maintenance, capital repairs, code compliance and general building management.
- Confirm scope of work, collect and evaluate bids, select and contract with vendors to complete capital improvement projects
- Initiate and manage approved capital projects to completion working with property managers and maintenance staff so the impact to the tenant/patients/clients is minimal.
- Create long-term capital plans and budgets for regional assets in order to forecast large expenses within the region and allow for proper planning and budgeted funding.
- Track and manage all capital expenses with the region to ensure accurate budget management and sq. ft. expense goals are met.
- Facility Engineering Services – Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing & Structural
- Knowledge of Infectious Control guidelines and requirements as it pertains to construction and equipment repairs within occupied medical space is a plus.
- Inspect and provide oversight for all building equipment which services the asset.
- Evaluate existing maintenance staff to determine level of knowledge and experience.
- Participate in interview and selection process for new members of the maintenance teams
- Work with maintenance staff to develop training programs that will enhance the level of knowledge and experience of the area maintenance team.
- Evaluate and recommend solutions to continually achieve reduced operating expenses and optimal operating standards.
- Provide leadership and guidance for the general aesthetic condition of all properties and facilities in the region.
- Provide leadership to property management and maintenance staff for usage of the Angus work order system.
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Work with various staff from other regions to establish and implement best practices the following:
- Building equipment operations and preventative maintenance
- Building structures and envelopes
- Construction policies and procedures
- Capital improvements and asset protection inspections.
- Locate plans for all buildings throughout portfolio and maintain electronic central storage location.
- Provide regular updates and reports through the use of online tracking and reporting systems.
- Establish relationships with vendors, architects, engineers, general contractors and others as needed for each market within the region.
- Utilize various software applications for budgeting, scheduling, drafting and communicating as needed to perform the duties associated with the position.
- Travel Requirements (typically 1-3 times per month for 1-3 day(s) trips to perform such task as;
- Annual asset inspections for all properties within the region
- As needed for proper oversight of tenant improvements and capital projects
- As directed for emergency issues and special projects as they relate to asset management and protection.
- As directed for evaluation of potential acquisitions
- All other duties as assigned.