Reliant Realty Services, LLC is a property management company specializing in the management of affordable housing properties. Reliant is currently seeking a Landlord- Tenant Attorney to join its team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Handling heavy landlord/tenant caseload
- Representing landlord at court appearances
- Drafting complaints, petitions and motions
- Drafting, filing and managing service of process of litigation documents relating to non-payment and holdover proceedings
- Advising property management with L&T issues/correspondence
- Drafting stipulations and settlements for NYC Housing Court
- Juris Doctor degree
- Must be admitted to practice in New York (admission to NY State Bar)
- At least 2 yrs experience with landlord/tenant matters in New York City and the surrounding counties
- Bronx and Yonkers housing court experience a plus
- Experience with DHCR, Section 8 subsidy programs and rent stabilization required
- Demonstrate sound judgement good negotiating skills and strategic thinking in all legal matters
- Basic computer skills including MS Outlook, Word and Excel are REQUIRED.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a group setting.
- Must be able to multi task and thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Motion and trial experience required
- Ability to communicate positively, effectively and efficiently
- Possess good organization, communication and writing skills
- Yardi software experience a plus.
Reliant Realty Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, political affiliation or belief. As a matter of policy, RRS does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered. RRS does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.