GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Property Manager (SPM) will manage properties as directed by the property owners and in accordance with the standards and procedures of NexCore Properties. The portfolio consists of 5 properties totaling approximately 930,000 square feet, located on the Drexel University Center City Campus. The SPM functions as the professional-in-charge of specific identified assets under management. As the lead professional, the SPM is responsible for all aspects of client and tenant satisfaction. Of specific importance is achieving stated financial results and operating objectives. The SPM is responsible to ensure a thorough understanding of the client’s investment objectives and the development of acceptable property-specific strategic plans and operating and capital budgets. Once developed, the SPM must oversee the implementation of approved initiatives and programs by managing and coordinating the efforts of the property team. The SMP is responsible for the management, supervision, and professional development of all building personnel.
Implementation of Ownership Strategies:
- Develop and implement management plan for assigned properties to achieve investor return expectations while complying with company objectives and applicable law.
- Evaluate market conditions for each property and real estate investment climate that will affect business plan strategies. Communicate competitive environment and market expectations to ownership.
- Forecast competitive space availability for each property and develop marketing and pricing recommendations that will maximize the asset value of each property. Forecast absorption of project vacancy.
- Develop short and long-term operational programs that will achieve or surpass cash flow objectives and maximize the asset value of each property.
- Develop strategies to mitigate vacancy risk for individual properties.
Leasing Management and Tenant Improvement Coordination:
- Work in conjunction with NexCore leasing personnel or 3rd party leasing personnel on leasing strategy for each building, if applicable.
- Assist with lease renewals, if applicable.
- Execute company process standards for tenant coordination including tenant finish standards, blocking plans, risk management, pricing presentations, invoicing for tenant contributions, punch lists, commissioning meetings, etc.
- Monitor build-out to assure compliance with lease agreements, construction schedules, tenant expectations, lender requirements, and construction guidelines for the project.
- Maintain open, effective communication between tenant, hospital clients, and property management.
- Evaluate on a continuing basis operating costs by monitoring each property’s performance and results against approved budgets, recommending and/or approving necessary adjustments to achieve the scheduled cash flow or asset value objectives.
- Conduct visits on an as-needed basis to assigned properties to:
- Ensure all aspects of property management are in full compliance with owner quality standards, policies, and procedures;
- Ensure proper procedures are enforced to manage and monitor operating costs within established budgets
- Communicate objectives for the property to Real Estate Management team to aid in the fulfillment of their duties.
- Negotiate, review, and monitor third party management contracts and performance under those contracts.
- Ensures that emergency plans are in place for all properties.
- Review operating reports on a monthly basis for each property and ensure operating expense reconciliations are accurately prepared.
- Oversee completion of periodic owners’ reports
- Works with Accounting in the Denver office to manage the accounting process and collection process
- Develop and maintain relationships with major tenants to demonstrate the Company’s commitment to “quality service”, quality facilities, and positive, prompt, and effective customer service.
- Responsible for creating strong internal and external relationships. Managing and enhancing hospital relationships within an assigned portfolio, creating viable long term partnerships.
- Providing support and knowledgeable information to our hospital partners; acting as the “go to” resource and primary point of contact within NexCore. Initiate creativity to develop solutions with the goal of consistently exceeding expectations.
- Monitor responsiveness to tenant requests for services and general customer service and satisfaction.
- Supervise performance of direct reports providing feedback, evaluation, and recommendations for training and professional development.
- Establishes written goals and objectives for direct reports and conducts periodic formal and information performance evaluations.
- Ensure compliance of NexCore employment policies and address any personnel performance issues.
- Provide evaluation of Company policies, procedures, systems, and programs to effect continual improvement in relation to real estate management functions.
- Maintain positive relationships with capital partners in collaboration with Company CFO and other Senior Management.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Real Estate or related field with strong record of academic achievement with MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of commercial real estate analysis/management experience with an emphasis in healthcare properties and markets. Experience in property management/leasing/ operations.
- Minimum of 3 years managing people, specifically a staff of 3 or more.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office/Suite software.
- Pennsylvania Real Estate license desirable; other state real estate licenses a plus.
- Proficiency with modeling investments Excel, Argus experience desirable.
- Solid analytical and organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Highly-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proactive thinking with detail-oriented and creative problem solving approach.
- Strong client and tenant management skills.