Flagship Healthcare Properties is a rapidly growing commercial real estate investment firm located in Charlotte, NC that specializes in the development, acquisition, management and leasing of healthcare real estate properties, with a concentration in the Southeastern United States. Flagship is launching a private real estate investment trust (“REIT”) to consolidate and convert its legacy, closed-end investment funds into a perpetual investment platform, with an estimated asset value of more than $250 million at inception.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for processing invoices for all of the individual properties both within the REIT as well as the 3rd-party managed properties and legacy, non-REIT properties that are managed by the Company. The AP Specialist will be the primary point of contact with the firm’s A/P workflow system, currently AvidXchange. In addition, the A/P Specialist will work closely with the property accounting and property management teams to ensure invoices are properly and timely routed through the system.
- Review and submit invoices to appropriate accounting systems (MRI and Yardi)
- Portal administration (adding/deleting users, properties, and vendors) for multiple invoicing systems
- Review invoices for discrepancies and code according to approved cash budgets
- Process weekly check runs
- Run invoicing reports and journal entries
- Thoroughly maintain A/P files and documentation
- Collect new vendor W-9s and update whenever necessary for 1099 maintenance
- Respond to vendor inquiries, statements, and balance discrepancies
- Assist in the utility set up whenever the firm acquires new properties
- Process property-level 1099s at year-end
- Track and process property real estate tax invoices
- Support the property accounting and property management teams as needed with special projects and tasks
The Ideal Candidate will Possess:
- A positive attitude
- A strong work ethic
- The highest ethical standards
- 2+ years Accounts Payable experience
- High school diploma required, but college courses in accounting is preferred
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- The ability to think and work both independently and in a team environment
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- Attention to detail and self-motivation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem solving abilities, organizational and analytical skills
- Experience with MRI and Yardi Commercial Real Estate Accounting systems is a plus
- Experience with an invoice workflow system such as AvidXchange or Concur is a plus
Flagship Healthcare Properties is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No calls or other correspondence, please.