We are seeking a team leader—someone who can influence a department, weigh in on difficult issues, and mentor a team of pricing analysts. You will play a key role in setting performance parameters and reviewing the occupancy, revenue, retention rates, leasing velocity and traffic of a $2 billion portfolio.
As Director of Asset Management, your primary responsibility is to set revenue strategy for the organization and assess rental supply and demand trends for single-family residential properties located within each of Progress Residential’s 15 core markets across the country. You leverage your past experience with property management and economic research to create, set, and guide business goals advancing asset performance.
When we have a question on pricing or rental trends, you’re our go-to resource. You provide market support and intelligence, and collaborate on initiatives to ensure efficiency and high performance. You set the strategy, the tone and the policies to ensure asset management best practices. We can count on you to synthesize a large amount of data into meaningful reports. Most importantly, you work as a team player to drive growth and achieve Progress Residential’s mission and revenue goals.
- Monitors key performance indicators and develops strategies for improvement (in areas such as occupancy, stabilized, delinquency, renewal, renovation cycle time, leasing cycle time, rent growth)
- Oversees Pricing and Renewal rent growth strategy and ensures portfolio is able to maintain high occupancy while extracting maximum market rent
- Utilizes reporting and systems to identify specific assets that require attention to swiftly complete the stabilization process; identify patterns of develop procedures or other strategies to improve performance
- Collaborates with Leasing & Property Management and Acquisitions to refine pricing strategy and ensure inter-departmental alignment
- In collaboration with Accounting, oversees the preparation of monthly financial reports and monitors payment queues to ensure timely, accurate payment of contractors
- Regularly reviews portfolio performance and presents EVP, Strategic Operations & Acquisitions with recommended adjustments to policies and procedures
- Monitors public and peer operating performances as it relates to the Company and Asset Management KPI’s
- Leads and participates in key management meetings and calls
- Ability to manage relationships with Property Management and Acquisition teams and other stakeholders who contribute to Progress’ success
- Ability to travel to Progress’ core and potential expansion markets on a regular basis; works collaboratively with local field teams to ensure peak investment performance
- Collaborate with Salesforce and IT developers on changes and update rollouts to improve process and workflows without disrupting current procedures
Human Resource Management
- Supervision of staff, sets goals and holds people accountable for results
- Coordinates activities to maximize the efficiency of all processes
- Develops team and is focused on succession plan within group
- Ensures that employees all have goals and receive regular feedback on their performance
- Performance management of personnel including, reviews, corrective action, mentoring, development plans and performance improvement plans
Of course, you also have the essentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance, Economics, Statistics or Mathematics
- 5 or more years of previous experience in an asset management, market research, or pricing role, preferably experience in either the single-family or multi-family rental industry
- Proven track record of managing a portfolio of properties in multi-family or single-family industry
- Ability to negotiate skillfully and create consensus in challenging situations with internal and external stakeholders
- Technology skills, including computer software, Yardi, LRO and YieldStar, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and other software applications as needed for the job
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate and interact with personnel at all levels throughout the organization
- Ability to meet changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously, including project administration, monitoring, and execution; possess good organizational skills
- Progress Residential offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
What you can expect from us:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid time off, 8 paid holidays and 2 “you earned it” days.