Transwestern is an innovative commercial real estate company - regularly voted as a Best Place to Work in many U.S. markets - that is looking for an Assistant Project Manager to grow our talented team in Bellevue, WA. The Assistant Project Manager implements and administers the policies, procedures, and programs on a day-to-day basis that will assure that construction projects are well managed. It is also the responsibility of the Assistant Project Manager not only to exhibit legendary customer service when communicating with owners and vendors but also to focus on productivity and results.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Meet with department representatives, architects, engineers and consultants to establish project requirements, specifications and schedules.
- Coordinate development and approval of architectural and engineering construction drawings.
- Solicit, prepare and review bid documents and negotiate contracts.
- Enforce contractual requirements.
- Monitor and maintain construction project schedule; serve as liaison between client and contractors.
- Prepare project documentation and direct project meetings.
- Inspect projects to ensure conformance with local, state and federal construction codes and in accordance with contract design specifications.
- Ensure efficient operations of all HVAC and electrical/mechanical systems; inspect sites and implement procedures to minimize loss of assets and production time.
- Develop project budgets and schedules.
- Supervise customer relocation.
- Responsible for all projects reporting.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, construction management or a related field required.
- At least 3 years and up to 5 years experience in commercial construction as either a project manager or superintendent for a general contractor or owner’s representative project manager.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction practices/techniques, Title III of ADA, contract laws, project controls and building support systems.
- Must have intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, Project or Primavera Sure Trak proficiencies.
- Manage own time on a daily basis with little supervision.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects, changing priorities and continually heavy workloads.
- Strong desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
APPLY TODAY to be a part of an energetic and motivated team of professionals!
Transwestern offers an exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) plan. Transwestern is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please.