Anchor Health Properties, a national leader in the development, management and acquisition of healthcare real estate is seeking a Real Estate Investment Analyst (“Investment Analyst”) for our suburban Philadelphia office. The Investment Analyst will be part of a team that supports the Asset Management, Consulting Services, and Real Estate Acquisition and Development services of Anchor Health Properties and its affiliated entities and clientele. The Investment Analyst will provide critical analysis and coordination of capitalization, financing and property and portfolio-level strategies. The Investment Analyst will play a key role in the communication with external partners/investors of the Anchor Health Properties and internally with the VP of Finance and Chief Investment Officer.
Anchor Health Properties is a developer, investor, and manager of healthcare real estate, operating in several states with offices in suburban Philadelphia, PA, Washington, DC, Charlottesville, VA, Knoxville, TN, Nashville, TN, and San Diego, CA. The corporate culture is such that every employee is expected to be an ambassador for the Company, being proactive, creative, problem-solving, and outcome oriented.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- Must possess meticulous attention to detail, strong organizational skills, an energetic work-ethic, and the ability to accurately manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must identify as a “teachable” employee and have a “can-do” attitude, professional correspondence etiquette, strong interpersonal skills and take “ownership”/pride in work deliverables.
- Must be able to work in an extremely fast-paced environment while managing conflicting priorities, and be able to self-manage and complete tasks with a certain degree of autonomy.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or finance or similar field
- Must have extremely strong skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, with experience in pro forma modeling with private equity waterfalls and development budgeting.
- Must have a strong working knowledge/understanding of pro-formas and financial modeling.
- Argus Enterprise and other commercial real estate software experience a plus.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Pre-Acquisition/Pre-Development: Provide pre-acquisition input and review including offering memorandums, financial and operational assumptions, construction of pro-formas, identification of funding sources, soliciting proposals, supporting the effort of originating and negotiation of debt financing, and preparing funding applications. Review, understand and advise on due diligence materials for acquisitions and investments. Participate in the creation, development, and preparation of presentations and materials to potential investors and firm acquisition and development partners.
- Deal Structuring: Will assist with deal structuring and negotiation of investment terms, including coordination with legal counsel.
- Third Party Management: Will coordinate and manage Third Party consultants from engagement to completion of the due diligence requirements (Appraiser, Engineer, Environmental, Property Condition and Zoning Consultants).
- Due Diligence: Undertake all due diligence responsibilities – often time sensitive - including detailed analyses of a property’s title and entitlement status, engineering and environmental condition, operations and related financial statement review, analysis of market and competitive position, and other typical pertinent due diligence issues.
- Problem Solving: Will apply proper judgment with issues / problems discovered during the due diligence period and formulate sound plans to mitigate problems /risk.
- Closing: Will monitor transaction progress; correspond with and between several different departments (legal, operations, property management, and investments) to coordinate closing, and assist with investor and lender negotiations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.