Atlantic Realty Partners is seeking a Regional Manager for our Chicago Market. We are a Development/Management Company that is quickly growing. The Regional Property Manager is responsible for all operational aspects of an assigned portfolio whose size may include up to 5 properties or 1,500 units. The portfolio may grow or decrease from time to time. The Regional Manager is responsible for all day to day functions of the property to ensure the goals of the individual assets are achieved.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the operational and financial responsibilities of a Region
- Operates within the financial guidelines (The Budget) by achieving Net Operating Income (NOI), Net Cash Flow, Net Income and budget expectations by implementing and/or improving cost controls and revenue improvement programs
- Ensure that income is collected within the timeline of the leases
- Has knowledge of overseeing Retail aspects of assets
- Complete thorough reviews of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual operating and financial reports
- Ensure that properties operate within any applicable local, state and federal laws including OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act), Fair Housing, Landlord/Tenant regulation as well as Local Unions
- Possess a complete understanding of ownership structure, financing, and income-regulated programs
- Participates in hiring and screening of onsite staff including but not limited to Property Manager, Assistant Property Manager, Leasing Agents, Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Technicians, Housekeepers, Groundskeepers, Pool attendants and related contract employees to assist in essential job duties and responsibilities.
- Coordinate and/or ensure that Manager, Leasing and Maintenance meetings are occurring as needed
- Ensure performance evaluations are being conducted on supervised staff
- Assist Property Managers in resolving employee issues concerning performance evaluations, employee disciplinary actions or other related basic employee management issues and ensure all complaints are responded to in a timely manner.
- Reinforce company values and policies in all property operations. Ensures adherence to all ARP policies and procedures by the Property Managers through the teams including all forms, leases, and other documents as standard operating practice for ARP.
- Travel throughout the region is required, as well as occasional travel to corporate office in Atlanta, GA.
- Work with Asset Managers to create and evaluate property budgets and performance goals
- Work with Asset Managers on evaluating capital needs and planning capital projects
- Responsible for monthly Move In and Renewal file audits
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Oversee tenant renewals are being captured at the highest rates possible
- Ensure resident retention programs are being carried out
- Oversee properties are leased at or above market occupancy and rent levels based on owner guidelines to maximize the financial performance of the portfolio
- Respond to resident complaints directly related to or against Property Managers and/or any complaint that might have legal exposure
- Must have the ability to develop and implement a strong marketing plan for each asset within the portfolio.
- Oversee all property marketing is current, accurate, relevant, legal and at its greatest effect to include all aspects of Social Media
- Oversee physical property inspections including critical and curb appeal are performed monthly
- Monitor the progress of employee training and certification
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required (unless otherwise noted):
High School Education or equivalent required. College degree and Industry Certifications preferred.
Minimum of 5 years' experience in Multi-Family Housing with a minimum of 3 years’ as a Regional Manager. Class A property experience is required
- Multi-property site management
- Lease up and new construction experience is a plus
- Must be able to thoroughly understand the financial aspects of running a portfolio
- Must have excellent computer skills and have industry software experience. Yardi preferred
- Strong, positive, motivational leadership style in managing multiple teams to success
- Must have high energy level, be assertive and self-motivated
- Must have strong ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining consistent service
- Must have demonstrated conflict resolutions skills.
- Must have high sense of urgency in completing all tasks, while maintaining a strong detail orientation
- Excellent knowledge of local, state and federal resident/property management laws/guidelines
- Ability to problem solve, make decisions, and lead a team
- Have excellent verbal and written communication
- Possess knowledge of competitive properties and market knowledge within the region
- Experience managing up to 1,500 units within a region
- Experience managing/supervising 20+ employees
- Advanced budget experience, can interpret, make assumptions and be part of property budget creation
- Possess advanced/higher level fair housing and legal requirement knowledge for leasing and marketing property/units
- Hold the minimum of a Leasing License.
- Should have advanced understanding for maintenance process and responsibilities with the ability to manage capital needs, bid/execution, manage preventative maintenance plans and managing basic rehab projects as well as capital/renovation budgets.