Arbor, a real estate investment trust that invests in a diversified portfolio of multifamily and commercial real estate-related loans and other real estate-related assets has a career opportunity within our Depew, NY office for an Insurance Specialist. The Insurance Specialist is responsible for ensuring requisite insurance coverage(s) is in an amount and form necessary to comply with loan investor requirements as they are updated and amended.
The Insurance Specialist will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Second level of contact on insurance questions, coverage requirements and investor guidelines.
- Review Investor insurance guidelines and loan documents to establish baseline requirements
- Review Loan Documents, Appraisals, Engineering, Seismic, and Environmental Reports to determine loan-specific insurance requirements
- Perform annual review of insurance certificates, policies, statement of values and invoices to determine compliance with Investor guidelines
- Process Insurance waivers/Exceptions with supporting documentation for non-compliant insurance issues
- Responsible for maintaining insurance data in the Enterprise servicing system as applicable
- Satisfy insurance related reporting to investors
- Understand the insurance casualty provision and claim process for Borrower advisement purposes
- Maintain integrity of system data as it pertains to insurance updates
- Maintain a record and history of updates and amendments for compliance and data integrity purposes
- Ensure follow up for exception items within constrained time frames
- Review, route, and process all items received
- Work with and assist the Servicing Insurance Front-End division as needed
- Identify and communicate insurance related issues and trends
Experience: Minimum of three to five years of experience in Commercial Lines Insurance.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to work as a part of a team, while providing a strong individual contribution
- Excellent attention to detail, judgment, flexibility, accountability and dependability
- Clear knowledge of Commercial Insurance Coverage –Property, (including Flood, Wind, Earthquake and Terrorism), General Liability (including Workers Comp), Professional Liability and Umbrella/Excess Liability Insurance
- Requires excellent communication skills, written and oral, through all levels of the organization
- Strong time management and organizational skills