Comunidad Realty Partners (CRP) is one of the fastest growing multifamily investment firms in the country with assets located throughout the Southwestern & Southeastern US. The firm is vertically integrated and active in multifamily investment, development, and management of workforce housing assets. We are a fast growing, dynamic firm that fosters innovation, promotes green building initiatives, are passionate about social impact at our communities and, most importantly, believe ardently that our greatest investment is in our people.
We are a Minority and Women-owned B-Corp that promotes real estate social impact investment to maximize the triple bottomline of: People, Planet, and Profits.
Job Description: The Acquisitions Senior Associate will serve as lead on property acquisitions / refinance / dispositions and source, underwrite, coordinate due diligence, facilitate closing, and prepare investment memos along with making strategic recommendations on the firm’s transactional activities.
Who is the right “fit” for this position?
- Not looking for another “job” but wants to find a Vocational Passion and Higher Professional Purpose
- Passionate About Community Service and Enriching Resident Lives
- Thrives in fast-paced, dynamic environments that are constantly evolving
- A Team Player that enjoys collaborating and working with groups
- High achiever that can multi-task and handle multiple challenges at once
- Detail-oriented, Responsible, and Takes Initiative
- Outside the Box thinker that is Innovative and Creative
- Questions Conventional Wisdom and finds Creative Solutions to Complex Problems
- Aligned with the Triple Bottom Line: People, Planet, Profit
- Support development of the company’s investment strategy.
- Oversee the due diligence/underwriting process on potential new investments.
- Prepare Investment Committee memorandums for new investments and participate in presentations to the Investment Committee.
- Execute/oversee business plans for new investments.
- Assist with capital raising presentations and other investor relations requests.
- Analyze prospective deals and evaluate them relative to the respective market at both a desktop level (Offering Memorandums, Proprietary Data, Axiometrics), as well as in the field (site tours, comp visits)
- Periodically visit and analyze trade areas to understand the specific submarkets for supply and vacancy trends, comparable property identification, and potential acquisitions
- Prepare Letters of Intent (LOI) and assist in negotiation of offers with brokers and owners
- Prepare pre-investment analysis, travel packages, finance packages and investment committee packages
- Creation and updating of detailed financial analyses in Excel for new acquisitions and existing owned assets
- Creating, managing, and updating of business plan incorporating asset management team for development and finalization of the business plan
- Comprehensive due diligence responsibilities on new acquisitions, from sourcing through closing
- Preparing market research to facilitate investment decisions
- Market inquiries and pursuing off-market opportunities to assess new real estate investment opportunities
- Creating and managing presentation packages for new and existing deals and internal/external reporting
- Coordinating the administrative aspects of various real estate, financial, and legal transactions along with closing maters working closely with title and escrow companies
- Coordinating and interfacing with equity partners and lenders, including analysis of potential JV structures
- Participation in management of architectural, engineering, and other consultants on development deals
- Participation in weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting to deal partners and firm principals
- Working closely with analysts, asset managers, VP's, and Principals
- Financing: Work directly with senior management to present acquisition opportunity to lenders, including preparation of financing packages and assisting with lender due diligence and closing.
- Asset Management: Manage the transition of assets between the acquisitions and asset management team. Assist with portfolio performance reviews and monitor capital improvement progress. Monitor and evaluate the performance of investments, execution of business plans, sub-market fundamentals, and exit plan strategies.
- Completed a bachelors degree, preferably with a concentration in real estate, finance, mathematics, construction/development, general finance, business, or similar degree
- Strong analytic skills and advanced knowledge or mastery of Microsoft Excel and the ability to create, modify, and analyze financial spreadsheets and calculate investment returns (PowerPoint, Word, and other MS suite program experience also required)
- Be competent with detailed data collection and analysis
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize, and coordinate work assignments, and simultaneously coordinate multiple tasks
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex and diversified work-streams in a fast-paced environment
- A flexible team player who takes initiative and has an ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Be an extremely resourceful self-starter, able to work independently, and take strong initiative
- Be a diligent, hard worker, capable of thriving in an intense, high-energy, transaction-driven environment
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, and be able to comfortably interact with both in-house associates and outside contacts
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally to portfolio assets
- Minimum of 3 years of prior business experience at a multifamily real estate investment firm