ESI Ventures is an opportunistic value add real estate investment firm. Our firm specializes in co-sponsor transactions alongside successful investors and developers. We offer investors best-in-class investment strategies focused on value add opportunities in primary and secondary markets.
ESI is currently hiring a Development/Construction Manager that will be an integral member of a growing commercial real estate investment firm. The daily job responsibilities will entail a wide array of construction and project management functions to maximize the performance of our fast-growing portfolio.
Core Components of the Position:
This person’s key responsibility will be as follows:
- Overall responsibility for construction / project management and construction administration activities from beginning to end, including all phases prior to, during and after construction.
- Responsibilities may include initial project planning, scope development, design documentation review, costing support, scheduling, assessment of operational needs, establishing pre-construction processes, managing construction buyouts, supervising construction execution by third-party contractors, and project closeout.
- Ability to coordinate, schedule and oversee multiple concurrent projects.
- Identify and assess local qualified consultants and contractors to provide construction services for design and construction of the project to include past experience with similar projects, verification of references, financial stability and bonding capacity.
- Manage and coordinate work of all involved in the project, including consultants, contractors, and third-party management.
- Manage project cost to meet budget guidelines
- Prepare RFP (Request for Proposal) documents, for various types of construction projects; scope development, budget and timeline estimates, contractor qualification, and competitive bid solicitation.
- Provide bid analysis, as well as consultant / contractor selection recommendations.
- Prepare all contract documents for execution.
- Set-up and maintain an effective communication network for the project.
- Ensure general contractor project delivery schedule is consistent with proforma timeline.
- Conduct project “kick-off” meeting with design consultant, general contractor, and third-party management.
- Role will include travel to assets throughout the Western US
- Maintain all required project data and records; log and track all design changes and modifications, construction changes, contract modifications and potential claims.
- Monitor construction process to ensure constructability standards and project delivery milestones are met.
- Review and approve all RFIs, submittals, change requests, draw requests and invoices.
- Prepare monthly project status reports, to include current schedules, variance to budget, potential cost overruns or scope changes. Proactively communicate potential areas that may impact schedule and/or budget.
- Provide on-going communication of overall scope of work with Property operations team to promote minimal disruption to tenants, residents and guests.
- Coordinate project closeout with all project consultants, general contractor, and lenders (as required).
- Coordinate and manage building turnover process and perform project acceptance walk-through to ensure compliance with project goals and scope.
- Interact with lenders and prepare draw requests
- Ability to read MEP and structural drawings
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university in a relevant field of study (architecture, engineering, construction management), preferable.
- 4-5 years’ experience in project/construction management is required with either commercial, industrial or multifamily residential jobs.
- Knowledge of real estate development entitlement processes for assigned region, project management and best practices of construction management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in project management, budget management, and other customized software systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively and efficiently present information and interface with Asset Management and Acquisitions Teams, as well as Company Leadership
- Motivated and results-driven with strong work ethic
- Must work well under pressure
This position reports to the Executive Vice President and will have significant access and exposure to the investment committee. The position is located in Los Angeles, CA.
Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Brandon Asherian. For additional questions please contact us via email as well. Phone callers will be instructed to submit their questions via email.
This posting can close without notice. Salary will be commensurate with experience.