Regional Manager Corporate Real Estate – 13122BR
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
This is a mid-level manager position within Corporate Real Estate, who manages real estate activities within an assigned portfolio. Supports business operations through the delivery of real estate solutions at optimal cost. Is responsible for negotiating leases for the establishment, renewal, termination, subleasing, expansion, downsizing, and/or relocation of field offices over a geographically diverse portfolio. May require some supervision in the most complex projects. Also responsible for oversight of all aspects of interior design, tenant construction, furniture installation and move-in activities involving new or existing facilities through the management of outsourced vendors, coordination with internal departments and management of client relationships with business unit representatives. Reports to the Regional Vice President of Corporate Real Estate.
- Manages the leasing schedule and budget process to provide optimal cost savings for the organization.
- Determines office space requirements based on staffing projections and business plans, while analyzing financial, demographic, and suitability aspects of available alternative sites.
- Oversees brokers and does market research to identify suitable office locations.
- Prepares suitable presentation materials and presents alternatives to appropriate
- management staff.
- Prepares final recommendation narrative and financial analysis of alternative sites to Business Unit CFO’s.
- Negotiate lease terms, document language, and related issues to obtain the most favorable agreement available for the corporation. Utilizes independent decision making and appropriate resource personnel, including broker and legal support, as needed.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce unneeded space, and manages the disposition process of same.
- Works with the CRE Team and business unit representatives to identify business requirements and establish project plans associated with lease expirations or business unit initiatives. Manages the execution of the plan utilizing outsourced vendors. Manages activities with internal departments involved with the projects (IT, Administration, Critical Facilities, Corporate Security and Corporate Audio Visual).
- Manages the client relationships with internal Business Units and mediates negotiations between Business Units on space management issues.
- Provides oversight to third-party project management staff involved with the design, construction, and move activities, to ensure quality and compliance with company policy and procedures. Ensures that the scope, budget and schedule for the projects are realized through value added focus.
- Monitors payments and the accounting of project costs by outsourced vendors to ensure compliance with departmental and corporate accounting requirements including the timely close-out of projects.
- Collaborates with peers in other departments such as IT, Legal, Human Resources, Security, etc. as needed to perform leasing and project management responsibilities.
- Participates on crisis management teams composed of Business Unit personnel, outsourced vendors and other internal departments (IT, Corporate Security, Business Continuity, HR, etc..) for quick resolution of facility operations emergencies and issues.
- Provides some oversight to Facility Management operations.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, with concentration in business administration, real estate, or finance.
- 7+ years of experience in Commercial Real Estate or related field.
- Experience in, or exposure to, the disciplines of Real Estate and Real Estate Law, Space Planning, Tenant Improvement/Project Management or Property Management with experience managing external vendors or coordinating work teams is required.
- Must be articulate, analytical, have excellent oral and written communication skills with an understanding of project budgeting, expense management, real estate finance, portfolio analysis and cost-benefit analysis.
- Must be driven, able to multi-task and deliver on time and within budget.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Able to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts in-depth financial/business analysis including the preparation of financial presentations.