What is the opportunity?
Responsible for structuring, execution, administration, and management of bank debt to the client base as part of the coverage team. This position will optimize the use of the Bank's balance sheet in connection with the Capital Markets/Investment Banking/Sales & Trading relationship goals.
What will you do?
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in structuring acquisition loans, bridge loans, mortgage loans, and corporate revolvers / term loans.
- Preparation of credit submissions and other documentation related to the transaction approval process (including assistance related to loans syndications, pipeline management, single name strategies and Exceptions Committee papers) through closing and ongoing monitoring.
- Structure and monitor syndicated and bi-lateral loan market and transactions.
- Provide assistance in Corporate Banking coverage for identified clients, including identification of cross sell opportunities in all RBC CM active products and markets.
- Work in a team environment with Investment Banking, DCM, ECM, FX etc.
- Ensure timely updates on client, industry and market performance, particularly in connection with any signs of potential deterioration or developments requiring amendments/waivers to existing loan documentation.
- Assistance with internal credit administration, including monitoring of the team’s loan portfolio performance and market/industry conditions as they affect this performance.
- Liaise and be primary contact with back and middle office functions connected to, for examples, wires, payments, settlements etc.
- Engage peers in Risk Management and Credit Portfolio Management in the application for credit and in subsequent administration and monitoring.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor's degree with a focus in Business, Economics, Finance, Mathematics or other quantitative fields.
- Minimum of 3 year of relevant work experience in Corporate Lending / Corporate Finance. Real estate lending experience preferred.
- Strong financial modeling abilities, as well as superior writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to maintain relationships at all levels within and outside of the organization.
- Ability to take initiative and function independently balanced with strong team skills.
- Formal Credit training; Masters Degree; CFA or other relevant professional designation preferred.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Opportunity to do challenging work
- Leaders that support your development
- Work in a dynamic and collaborative team