Position will perform construction and project management functions on assigned tenant improvement and capital projects for the Company based in Newport Beach, CA. Position will execute duties to include managing comprehensive scopes of work; directing design consultants; cost estimating; analyzing proposals; contract preparation and management; contractor and/or subcontractor vetting; project scheduling, document and budget management and due diligence support for acquisitions. Position will insure that projects are managed successfully to ensure a coordinated effort between the Customer, Regional VP Development, VP Development & Construction, Property Management and Market Representatives.
Construction Management – Capital Improvements:
- Execute construction, tenant improvement and capital improvement projects including roofing, HVAC, electrical, seismic and other improvements
- Prepare cost estimates for the scope of work utilizing quantities, proposals, historical information and general unit pricing knowledge
- Prepare contractor bid packages and upon receipt, analyze for adherence to design, quantities, qualifications, and costs as compared to preliminary analysis and budget
- Prepare estimates complete with all quantities, alternates and unit prices. Review estimate and scope of work with property management, leasing, and/or customer (if necessary)
- Provide value engineering options where possible
- Manage the overall construction process to include obtaining necessary permits or required jurisdictional documentation
- Prepare and issue contracts for tenant improvement and capital work
- Review lease and specification documents to ensure scope of work conforms to requirements
- Schedule and conduct construction progress meetings
- Review change orders and process internally for DCT approvals
- Prepare Project Approval Request (PAR) forms for capital improvement work for assigned projects
- Work with property management and accounting for proper job set up, billing, and cost tracking
- Review contractor invoices and draw requests for accuracy and completeness
- Close out projects in a timely manner to include receipt of Certificate of Occupancy, warranties, signed off permits, lien waivers, etc.
- Possess knowledge of local building codes and processes which affect design and construction
- Knowledge of LEED requirements helpful
- Assist with monthly construction reporting
- Assist in preparation of annual capital budgets
- Participate in due diligence process on acquisitions
- Obtain proposals and vet bids for due diligence activities
- Maintain and document all activities related to capital projects utilizing DCT’s data management system
- Maintain detailed documentation of construction process to include meeting minutes, collection of warranties, Certificates of Occupancy, project manuals, etc
- Update the as-built condition of the physical property at the completion of projects and store the updated information according to DCT practice
- Maintain project files for assigned projects in conformance with DCT process and audit requirements
- Navigate accounting, document and financial software to ensure all documents related to the project are appropriately filed and provide accurate historical documentation of construction activity.
- Perform other duties as assigned by RVP and VP of Development & Construction.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Position requires a Bachelors degree in Construction, Engineering, Real Estate or related field or equivalent work experience. A minimum of 5 years construction or project management experience in the real estate industry required. Experience reading plans required. Ability to be an assertive, self-motivated, team-oriented individual with strong verbal and written communication skills required. Detail oriented with good organizational skills and capable of multi-tasking with strong knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe, Bluebeam and the Internet required. Ability to be articulate, conscientious, dependable, polished and comfortable in a fast paced environment required. Ability to establish strong interpersonal relationships with team members required.