Akelius is a Swedish based real estate firm with 50 000 apartments in Canada, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Sweden and United States.We offer our concept of Better Living by improving apartments, common areas, gardens and entrances that fit with a contemporary life style. Akelius owns and manages residential properties in NYC, Boston and Washington D.C.
We are seeking an energetic self-motivated Construction Manager to join a fast-paced growing team in New York. The selected candidate will be expected to manage multiple projects at one time in various phases of development and to meet established goals including speed to market, quality, and budget. The candidate’s primary focus will be on the specific needs of the project, residents, vendors, and contractors. It is also required to track project financials and schedule and report status regularly. Project Management experience in Financial Systems and design software is preferred.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture, construction management or related field is preferred.
- Architecture, Engineering, or Project Management certification preferred
- Minimum of four years of project management experience in all aspects of design and construction.
- Experience with project scope development, budgeting, scheduling and contract negotiations is required
- Experience with Multi-Family occupied renovations preferred
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office, Auto Cad, Financial Systems and project scheduling software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
- Professional planning and hands-on management/oversight for multiple Projects including: Residential unit upgrades, Interior and Exterior renovations, Roof replacements, Façade Improvements, mechanical systems, common area and Parking Lot or Garage redesign
- Manage multiple projects at various phases and in various locations, from project identification through design, planning, financial approval, permit issuance, construction and financial closeout.
- Demonstrate full accountability for end to end management of projects.
- Lead project teams consisting of architects, design engineers, general and specialty contractors, property management, operating engineers, real estate brokers and environmental consultants
- Provide weekly project activity updates to Asset manager for Project Schedule, Budget, and Risk within Project Management web based tools.
- Develop project goals and scope of work.
- Oversee and prepare accurate project documentation for all phases of construction including project charter, due diligence reports, budgets, schedules, meeting minutes, financial funding requests, status reports, punch lists, and special reports on-time and in accordance with pre-established formats
- Manage vendors (GC, A&E, Specialty vendors, etc.) to ensure full compliance with all project policies and procedures, including the formal closeout of all projects in less than eighty days after project completion
- Must visit projects onsite at least twice a week.
You will work in a motivated and helpful team and entrepreneurial environment.
You get a competitive salary and benefits package that includes 401k plan, dental and medical insurance, disability benefits, life insurance, vision-care plan, wellness programs, paid sick and vacation time and paid holidays.
You also have great opportunities for growth and career mobility along with opportunities to participate in leadership development programs.