The DESCO Group has an opportunity for a Property Manager. The DESCO Group is a leading commercial real estate development and management company offering services in Real Estate Investment Management, Development, Construction, Brokerage and Property Management.
We are seeking a qualified candidate that is motivated and has a desire and drive to work in a fast-paced and well-established professional real estate company. The candidate must be detail oriented and organized, with effective communication skills and the ability to think analytically and take initiative.
Oversees all property management activities for a portfolio of retail centers. While maintaining a positive and professional relationship, directs activities of all personnel assigned to work on that property, including vendors, contractors, and co-workers. Works closely with Desco teammates and construction management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain good working relationship with tenants, clients, municipal officials, leasing agents, accounting, legal, construction management and other staff related to projects.
- Administer and enforce all existing leases relating to the property.
- Collect rental income, deposits, and other revenue such as late charges, damages, etc. Issue delinquency letters and default notices as appropriate
- Update monthly collection status report.
- Review monthly financial reports; update monthly collection and variance reports.
- Work with Director of Property Management and legal counsel on collections.
- Represent the Property Owner during legal proceedings related to collection and property liability/loss issues.
- Conduct inspections of properties in the portfolio, making recommendations for physical repairs and/or replacements.
- Prepare annual operating forecasts and budgets.
- Manage the annual CAM budget per the needs of the property.
- Work with accounting department to review calculations of common area maintenance, insurance and taxes on each property.
- Prepare work specifications and secure competitive bid proposals for contracted services, recommend contract awards, and negotiate and enter into contracts on behalf of Property Owner.
- Prepare and distribute communication materials to tenants.
- Approve all invoices for expenditures on the property.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A)
- Three to five years commercial property management experience
- Missouri Real Estate License
- Ability and experience in performing each duty and responsibility described above with professionalism, accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret commercial retail leases, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively and professionally present information and respond to questions from owners, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with numerous variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to physically inspect properties, negotiate stairs and navigate landscaped areas and properties (interior and exterior)
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook; Experience working in MRI, a plus
The DESCO Group offer’s a competitive salary and bonus structure together with medical and dental insurance, 401(k) match and profit sharing, personal time off and more. This position is based in our Clayton, Missouri office.