The PPM Commercial Real Estate Group (“CREG”) is involved in the origination, closing and servicing of Commercial Mortgage loans. CREG has loan origination personnel (‘Producers”) that are responsible for loan origination in specified geographical territories. The Real Estate Underwriter/Analyst will work closely with the Producers in all aspects of the loan origination and closing process. The current commercial mortgage portfolio is approximately $8 Billion and annual loan productions are expected to continue to be in the $2.0 – $2.5 Billion range.
Summary of Responsibilities:
1. Provide support and analysis in all aspects of the mortgage loan process, including economic analysis, borrower/sponsor analysis, market analysis, lease review and analysis and helping prepare credit committee presentations.
2. Work with Producers in reviewing, quoting, negotiating and underwriting new business as designated by the Producers.
3. Work closely with CREG’s Mortgage Correspondents and Borrowers to review new loan opportunities, secure needed information and to provide back up for Producers if they are out of the office.
4. Provide administrative support to Producers when needed to ensure CREG process is responsive and efficient.
5. Assist Producers and CREG loan closers in closing new loan transactions, including review of third party reports and updated economic information and procuring needed closing items.
6. Serve as part of Prescreen Group. The Prescreen Group provides input on new business strategy and annual business plan and helps establish processes and procedures for new loan originations. This group also reviews non-straightforward new transactions.
7. Assist in ad hoc projects related to PPM’s commercial real estate department.