Holmwood Capital Advisors, LLC (“HCA”) is the manager to HC Government Realty Trust, Inc. a publicly registered REIT with our office headquarters in Sarasota, FL. We are a fast growing company looking for talented team players to join our organization.
HC Government Realty Trust specializes in the acquisition and management of single-tenant, build-to-suit properties leased to the federal government. Our current portfolio includes occupying agencies such as FBI, SSA, Customs and Border Protection and Citizenship and Immigration Services buildings.
Government Real Estate Property and Asset Manager
HCA is seeking a real estate property and asset manager to oversee the operational, financial and tenant relations for single-tenant, federal government leased properites located nationwide. The focus will be on improving the revenue and operating performance of each property. This position will be based in Sarasota, FL.
- Assess, develop and implement value enhancement opportunities for a portfolio of single tenant government leased properties, with a focus on operations and an understanding of all types of tenant and capital improvement projects.
- Develop relationships with regional GSA Contracting Officers and tenant agency building supervisors.
- Develop property budgets and proforma models as necessary and assist on all new acquisitions underwriting budgets to conform to government lease requirements.
- Direct management of on-site facility engineers and third-party service vendors.
- Review vendor invoices and verify work completion before submitting invoices for payment.
- Actively identify areas of opportunity; prepare written analysis and recommendations to protect and strengthen property performance.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual operating budgets and reports.
- Review monthly financial statements to ensure accuracy of statements.
- Monitor budget to actual operating variances in an effort to improve NOI.
- Conduct quarterly reviews on each property to develop strategies to improve performance.
- Identify and address any potential or existing conditions relating to safety, legal issues or physical deficiencies.
- Communicate regularly with building tenants to maintain and improve tenant satisfaction.
- Support internal and external accounting, finance and other team members with property specific issues that may occur.
Job Qualifications / Experience
- 5+ years direct experience in real estate property or asset management with GSA/Federal Government real estate experience a plus.
- BA/BS degree in business, economics, finance or real estate preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple high priority tasks simultaneously, under strict deadlines, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication, management, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Outstanding financial, organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Excellent writing skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills for reporting and analysis, proficient with other Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Construction management experience a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience. Performance based annual bonus structure.
Please send a cover letter and resume along with compensation history / compensation requirements.