The Associate position represents a more senior level role in comparison with the Analyst position. An Associate is expected to have a higher level of industry experience and knowledge, and be able to build financial models and perform financial analyses. The Associate will support transactions generated by the C&W Equity, Debt & Structured Finance team, including property level and portfolio financings (senior mortgage, mezzanine debt, preferred equity, etc.) in connection with acquisitions, refinancings, construction/developments, and other deal types, as well as equity transactions, leased fee sales and loan sales. During this process, the primary role of the Associate will be to build and analyze Argus models, develop financial projections, evaluate historical operating performance, interface with clients and capital sources, and prepare offering memoranda for each transaction with oversight from senior members of the Transaction Team and when applicable, support from an Analyst.
- Prepare complex and sophisticated financial and market analyses for a broad range of real estate transactions including financings and joint venture equity investments
- Create, with minimal oversight, financing and investment memoranda
- Assist with marketing efforts to investors and lenders
- Assist in marketing transactions and prepare pitch presentations
- Support the transaction marketing efforts of team members by creating and maintaining tracking reports and other reports for both internal and client distribution
- Perform continuous market research of the changing universe of equity investors and lenders
- Read, abstract and analyze complex legal real estate related documentation including leases, financing/loan agreements, mortgage documents, partnership agreements, and corporate financial statements for relevant financial information
- Prepare clear and concise summary documentation that support and explain the basis of the analyses for use in client presentations, proposals and/or reports
- Assist in the quality control effort to ensure that all client-facing materials are professional, accurate, high impact and reflect the standards of quality normally associated with C&W work product
- Create, analyze, and audit property, portfolio and entity level cash flow models
- Gather market information through research and site tours for inclusion in financing memoranda
- Other job duties as needed based on transaction assignment and team structure
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in finance, accounting or real estate
- 3 to 6 years of real estate and/or finance experience preferably with a firm engaged in brokerage, investing, consulting, appraisal, or business development
- Excellent analytic and written communication skills
- Excellent planning, organization and interpersonal skills
- Strong personal initiative and desire to succeed on an entrepreneurial team
- Ability to construct, apply and analyze complex financial models
- Ability to function in a team-oriented setting while working independently with limited day-to-day supervision
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time and work in a fast paced, transaction-oriented environment
- Ability and willingness to travel and occasionally to work long hours, including some weekends
- Ability to maintain attention to detail while working under tight time frames with meaningful deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications required
- Must be effective at creating dynamic Excel models using macros and other advance Excel features
- Advanced knowledge of Argus software required
- Salesperson license preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to travel from floor to floor and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions. The employee may also be regularly required to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time; regularly use hands to operate office machinery including, but not limited to, telephones, computers, fax, and photocopy machines; regularly required to walk, talk and hear.
Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.