Signal Hill Petroleum, Inc. is a privately owned California-based energy company. It specializes in the responsible and sustainable exploration and development of oil and gas in urban areas. Our company is committed to developing sustainable real estate projects and improving our communities. Our development projects have resulted in concentrated efforts of renewal of oil-impacted land acquisitions and turned them into vibrant residential, retail and green spaces.
Position: Project Manager
- Collaborating with owners, engineers, architects to determine the specifications of the project
- Actively participates with owners and architects during development of the design
- Prepare detailed cost estimates for proposed new construction projects involving both competitive bid and negotiated type work
- Negotiating contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Obtaining permits and licenses from appropriate authorities or agencies
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines are met
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Educational background, preferably in the fields of technical project managers, construction management, or civil engineering
- Background in business skills, management, budgeting and analysis
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Experience with commercial construction projects desired
- Ability to manage a design to a budget
- Ability to multitask and meet simultaneous deliverables
- Ability to manage and direct people in the same and different locations
- Ability to communicate with architects, owners, and engineers at a high level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Suite and other software programs.
The Company offers a competitive salary, health benefits, and 401(k) plan.
How to Apply
Apply online via Select Leaders website.
Our Human Resources department will contact applicants chosen for the interview process.
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, and disability, and genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.