Boston Capital is looking for an Asset Manager to work in it's Boston office. Candidates should be located in the Boston area, relocation is not offered with this position.
- On behalf of the company’s Low-income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) investors, manage a portfolio of multi-family real estate partnerships to preserve the value of Investor Equity and the stream of benefits associated with that Investment.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with lender representatives, management agents, local officials, and General Partners in a portfolio.
- Review and monitor quarterly operational reports and evaluate Partnership performance through pre-established standards and key indicators.
- Identify partnerships that require “watch list” status and develop strategies to address all issues.
- Review requests for construction and investor equity releases in accordance with all requirements of the partnership agreement and make recommendations for internal approval
- Manage reposition situations which include refinancing, general partner substitution, legal action, partnership restructuring and recapitalization, as well as Section 42 non-compliance issues.
- Perform annual site inspections to include evaluation of physical asset, site management , and compliance with LIHTC program
- Analyze annual audited financial statements, and follow up with general partner to resolve operational and partnership issues.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in real estate asset management and real estate financial analysis
- BS / BA degree
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong computer, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Real Estate experience is required
- Travel required for partnership meetings and site visits
- Working knowledge of LIHTC (Section 42) Program a plus