MIG Real Estate (“MIG”) is a growing private real estate investment firm located in Newport Beach, CA. MIG specializes in making direct acquisitions in “opportunistic” and “value-added” office, hotel, retail, industrial and multi-family properties located in the Western U.S. and Texas. The company currently owns over 10 million square feet of real estate including approximately 6000 apartment units. It is continuing to expand its portfolio of properties requiring renovation and capital improvements with significant growth in multifamily requiring extensive construction management.
MIG is currently seeking a results-oriented construction management professional to lead, direct and manage renovation and capital projects in the field. This includes oversight of all field operations, budget control, and schedule implementation. This position will require a focus on aggressively achieving multifamily asset repositioning strategies. This professional will ensure that construction requirements, quality expectations, and all other standards, goals and objectives are met. He or she will be responsible for identifying issues and/or delays and implementing solutions. This position will report directly to the CEO.
CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT EXPERTISE:
- Lead all construction projects.
- Identify, define and put in place resources necessary to successfully complete projects.
- Ensure that all company, client and project policies, procedures and standards are followed.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and achieving all construction scopes, budgets and schedules in Microsoft Project.
- Coordinate production schedules with construction personnel with sensitivity to on-site management and tenants.
- Maintain project official logs, files, reports, schedules and documentation as required to create summary project reports, capture best practices and enhance efficiency.
- Implement and employ sound construction management practices by requesting, processing, comparing, analyzing and awarding general and subcontractor bid proposals.
- Prepare, update and report project schedules, budget comparison, and progress reports.
- Interact with project architects, engineers, and construction teams to manage, coordinate and successfully complete construction, renovation, rehab, and improvement projects at multiple sites.
- Interact with Board of Directors as requested.
- Manage the scope, schedule and budget of proposed projects and oversee construction draw process.
- Review opportunities for bulk purchasing, capex project amalgamation between assets and product types.
- Respond to and take leadership to resolve and mitigate insured losses.
- May perform other duties as requested.
ASSET MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
- Work with asset management teams to assess physical plant at all assets and determine capital needs and priorities necessary for asset preservation. Create timeline and budget.
- Work with on site property management maintenance teams to confirm repair and maintenance procedures and schedules to preserve and enhance project appearance and curb appeal.
- Review on going renovation scopes, plans and pacing with an eye toward quality control, value engineering, timely completion and acceleration where appropriate. Meet with on site property management teams to assess and manage expectations, schedule, disruptions, timing and pacing.
- Evaluate design scopes for quality, durability and cost.
- Commence renovation projects timely and manage to underwriting (scope, pace, cost, schedule).
- Run coordination and kick off meetings with construction and property management personnel. Establish access, staging, scope, materials, sequence and production schedule to facilitate smooth and timely project completion.
- Supervise third party construction firms, finalize contracts, assess quality of work, approve draw requests (insurance requirements/lien waivers), change orders and punch lists.
- Interface with franchise representatives to review and negotiate hospitality property improvement plans, coordinate scope, cost and bidding. Oversee project through completion.
- Interface with leasing teams to review major tenant improvement scopes of work and costs.
- Review portfolio construction needs to value engineer scope, schedule, production and materials. Negotiate bulk purchases with vendors and suppliers. Establish professional accounts to achieve volume discounts with national suppliers.
- Meet with government and municipal personnel to support redevelopment/enhancement initiatives. Develop and maintain relationships with municipal building permit and code officials.
- Develop and manage 10 year projected large cost capital requirements budget for portfolio.
- Collaborate with investments team and assist due diligence teams with comprehensive assessment of physical plant and preparing scope and cost estimating to cure deferred maintenance and execute potential value-add renovation for all target acquisitions.
- Provide value engineering options where possible.
- Commission and review third party due diligence reports to confirm physical needs and refine capital expense budgets and timelines: Structural, Environmental, Survey, Planning & Zoning as required.
- Review and approve renovation scope, cost and pacing assumptions for multifamily units and common areas, and commercial office/hospitality landscape, lobby, common area and facade projects.
- Work with third party construction firms to create scope of work, refine cost estimates and confirm production schedule for all capital and renovation projects.
- Seven to ten years of construction experience with five plus years of apartment construction and renovation project management in older apartment properties.
- Proficiency with MS office suite, MS Project. Familiarity with Autocad and Sketchup is a bonus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- BA/BS degree with construction related curriculum is preferred.
- Some architectural and design background preferred.
- Analytical/Innovative - Ability to contribute new and creative ways to the business process.
- Must be willing and able to travel regularly throughout the Western United States and Texas.
- Must enjoy working with a variety of personalities at multiple levels.
- Diplomatic, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong organization and leadership skills.
- Must be detail oriented, dependable and comfortable in a fast paced environment.