The Sobrato Organization is dedicated to building a strong and vibrant Silicon Valley community through business and philanthropic leadership. Founded by John A. Sobrato in 1979 and led by CEO John M. Sobrato and President Rob Hollister, The Sobrato Organization remains a family-owned firm known for integrity and dedication, with no outside investors or joint venture partners. Since 1953, the Sobrato Family has played a pivotal role in shaping Silicon Valley through its real estate development and by giving back to the community through its innovative philanthropy. Its office, and R&D projects comprise approximately 8.1 million square feet, most of which are Class A, mid-rise office buildings. The firm also owns 28 apartment communities totaling approximately 6,500 units along the West Coast. Through Sobrato Philanthropies, the firm has donated more than $379 million in cash and real estate to various communities.
This role will be focused on property management of a portfolio of single tenant and multi-tenant office and retail buildings primarily located in the Peninsula and San Francisco markets totaling over 1 million SF. The role will require the candidate to work both off-site at the properties and on-site at Sobrato’s corporate office. The candidate will be located off-site for approximately 3 days per week in East Palo Alto, San Francisco and other property locations. The remainder of the week will be spent at Sobrato’s corporate office.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in commercial real estate/commercial property management in a corporate environment. Experience managing full service propertiesand/or mixed use properties is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of property management methods, procedures; experience in management of multiple property portfolio.
- Effective oral and written communication and customer service skills
- Skilled in effectively compiling, filing, retrieving, maintaining, researching, coordinating and organizing information.
- Ability to prioritize work load and to multi-task independently in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to work in a team environment and to assist with the development of junior staff members
- Proficient with computer software programs including MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint). Experience with Yardi is a plus.
- College degree or commensurate experience
- Ensure properties are maintained in a first class manner which distinguishes Sobrato properties from the competition.
- Identify and resolve problems while providing exceptional customer service. Follow up on service requests to ensure tenant satisfaction.
- Maintain vacant buildings and vacant space in multi-tenant properties to ensure they are in top condition for viewing by potential tenants.
- Manage service vendors for properties to ensure top quality work is performed in compliance with the service contract or work-order and in a timely manner.
- Conduct regular property inspections and initiate corrective action as necessary to ensure first class property maintenance.
- Manage all facets of tenant and capital improvement projects
- Assist in implementation and management of portfolio wide maintenance projects and initiatives.
- Respond to emergencies on the properties and work with vendors and tenants to resolve.
- Maintain intimate knowledge of lease agreements
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with tenants
- Ensure tenant notification of vendor maintenance work schedules.
- Coordinate tenant move-ins and move-outs.
- Enforce the terms and conditions of the leases.
- Ensure customer insurance compliance.
- Develop and maintain detailed annual property budgets and forecasts of operating expenses and capital expenditures.
- Prepare customer CAM estimates and year-end reconciliations.
- Manage operating expenses and maintenance to established budgets.
- Prepare recurring operating reports as necessary (operating statements and explanation of variances.)
- Manage account receivables to ensure timely collection of rent
- Resolve any discrepancies in requested payment amounts directly with tenants
Perform all other duties and projects as required.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Highly competitive benefits package
- Full-time, exempt position
- Office hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Sobrato Organization is an equal opportunity employer, welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. TSO's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, military service, legally protected medical condition, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.