This is a privately held, growth-oriented real estate management and investment company. It is focused on developing, owning, and operating multifamily residential properties in the Southeastern and Sunbelt States of the United States. This is a position with the opportunity for growth and increased responsibilities. The company owns a portfolio of over 6,000 residential units and is constructing 506 units just outside of Manhattan.
- Oversee and manage accounting functions for the Company's real estate private equity, mortgage banking, and direct real estate companies
- Apply knowledge of accounting and tax issues to determine impact on operations and cash flows in preparing asset models. Update and analyze results at least quarterly for internal monitoring and external track records.
- Prepare, review and present internal financial reporting and analysis, including asset management reports. Includes updating actuals, coordination of comments for variance between results and budget/underwriting, and cash flow analysis.
- Analyze investment operations; accurately apply distribution allocations to forecast cash flows and returns, including complex co-invest and joint-venture structures
- Prepare monthly limited partners' and general partner allocations per Operating Agreements
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements monthly, quarterly and yearly for all entities
- Implement systems to accurately track and strategize the financial management of multiple entities across various platforms
- Handle all ad-hoc information requests from investor relations, investment professionals, and senior management
- Process all accounts payable and accounts receivable for all entities
- Prepare bank reconciliations for all entities
- Process payroll for all employees as well as administer company benefit plans
What competencies/skills/personality traits do you need to have?
- Highly analytical, resourceful, one who takes initiatives and is confident in one’s work and abilities
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, take ownership of processes, multi-task and thrive in an entrepreneurial setting
- Strong time management skills and ability to operate proactively under demanding deadlines
- Desire to innovate and implement systems to ensure operational efficiency
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- CPA is a plus but not required
- 5+ years of finance/accounting/commercial real estate experience