Our client is seeking a Real Estate and Facility/club/ retail Development to oversee the expansion, lease negotiations and development of approx 20 new club facilities across a 10 states each year. This role encompasses the life cycle of club/facility development. The successful candidate will focus on the front end with filtering / analyzing partners, ADA, evaluating potential sites, negotiating LOIs, leases, and additionally tracking a club through the post-lease signing period from permitting, construction, etc. to pre-opening and opening. He/She will ensure that each project runs efficiently and is completed within time and budget constraints.
- Direct report to COO to lead all aspects of real estate club development processes
- Project Management support / coordination between multiple internal teams including RE Committee, Construction, Marketing, etc. from site evaluation to lease signing to club opening
- Ownership and tracking of the ADA requirements / schedule
- Management of and real-time updates to the analytical models and tools for site selection
- Management of demographic and geographic evaluation of potential locations
- Development and management of broker relationships across 10+ states
- Development and management of the pipeline for potential locations and real-time updates to all potential locations in the pipeline
- Visits to potential markets and locations with brokers and Senior Leaders
- Review and oversee preparation and presentation of site proposals for senior management/Board review and approval
- Management of the process for negotiating LOIs and leases
- Coordination between RE Committee, Senior Executives and Master / Local Brokers in all aspects of the RE development process
- Capital expenditure tracking and management to budget for new club development and existing club refresh / re-equips
- Five to seven years’ experience in retail/corporate real estate and development.
- Proven success in managing or part of team that has led an aggressive multi-store/facility expansion into new or underdeveloped markets from leasing to club/facility opening
- Ability to adapt to changing business environments, solve problems and take advantage of opportunities to complete deal.
- Strong Project Management skills; detail oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and efficiently manage a multi-asset portfolio.
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple real estate transactions simultaneously with potential complicated negotiations.
- Excellent influencing and partnering skills across many groups.
- Strong presence, articulate communicator with strong analytical and negotiating skills.
- Willing to travel 50%.
- Highly self-motivated and a containable ego with strong work ethic
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to develop strong relationships with colleagues; comfortable in a non-institutional environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Hands on with excellent attention to detail; Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well independently as well as collaboratively
- Comfortable in a fast passed; high growth culture
- Fluency with excel, real estate analytic tools (such as Buxton, Tango) and familiarity with databases