Financial Analyst - Asset Management
Clarion Partners is one of the largest real estate investment managers in the Americas and has managed real estate investments on behalf of institutional investors for more than 35 years. Our investment philosophy focuses on fundamental research within a broad operating platform of 9 offices strategically located across the United States and Latin America. Clarion’s investment capabilities span the spectrum from core to opportunistic investments in both the equity and debt sectors.
Primary responsibilities will include assisting with commercial real estate acquisitions and asset management duties including modeling, client reporting, property valuation analysis, lease analysis and special projects.
• Assist with preparation and review of portfolio level and client reports.
• Assist in the prep and presentation of Preliminary and Final Investment Memoranda to the firm's Investment Committee.
• Monitor and analyze the financial performance of the properties and portfolios.
• Maintain portfolio models.
• Maintain property valuation files.
• Review annual operating budgets.
• Assist with due diligence.
• Maintain administrative reports.
• Assist with property management related functions.
• Prepare ad-hoc reports when needed.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
• Participate in due diligence related to asset management, acquisitions, dispositions, financings, and development ventures including lease reviews, pro forma analysis, and detailed analyses of a property's (1) tenants and in-place leases; (2) operating and financial statements; (3) market and competitive position; (4) engineering and environmental condition; (5) taxes, insurance and service contracts; and (6) other pertinent property-level factors and market feasibility review.
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team that includes the disciplines of finance, research, acquisitions, asset management and marketing
• Proficiency in financial analysis and modeling; strong interpersonal communication and writing skills; ARGUS experience preferred
• Ability to meet deadlines and complete projects with minimal supervision; excellent proficiency in Argus software, Microsoft Excel and Word
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree required with concentration in finance/accounting/real estate or related fields preferred